Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26 here and partly cloudy. Will get to the teens tonight.
We were out of town last week, our son was watching our trailer, but the heater quit in the time he was at work; pipes are frozen. We are working on getting them unfrozen but so far no water running through the RV.

Pretty light precipitation today. The winter storm warning has now been upgraded to an ICE STORM WARNING until Thursday morning!! Heavy accumulating ice!😮☹️ Really hoping the large Hackberry tree out the back door makes out ok!!🤞Last major ice storm 2yrs ago it lost four major limbs!! Updates tomorrow!!

Pretty light precipitation today. The winter storm warning has now been upgraded to an ICE STORM WARNING until Thursday morning!! Heavy accumulating ice!😮☹️ Really hoping the large Hackberry tree out the back door makes out ok!!🤞Last major ice storm 2yrs ago it lost four major limbs!! Updates tomorrow!!
I would worry more about the powerlines. Fox news warned that it could be a repeat of the 2 years ago massive blackout. :oops:
I am so glad that you heat with wood!😍

I would worry more about the powerlines. Fox news warned that it could be a repeat of the 2 years ago massive blackout. :oops:
I am so glad that you heat with wood!😍
I don't worry about the power going off, except I don't like the well pumps having the power off to them. Always worry that will mess them up! I have massive amounts of water put up, I can heat and cook on the wood stove, and the generator is ready for action. It's small, but runs both refrigerators, coffee pots, lights, etc.! I really dread large ice accumulations for the animals and getting out to the donkey! I made ice cleats out of barbed wire on my muck boots!! I'm ready😉!

I have massive amounts of water put up, I can heat and cook on the wood stove, and the generator is ready for action. It's small, but runs both refrigerators, coffee pots, lights, etc.! I really dread large ice accumulations for the animals and getting out to the donkey! I made ice cleats out of barbed wire on my muck boots!! I'm ready😉!
...You do know that we are gonna hafta see pictures of those boots with the barbed wire on them, right? :D

...You do know that we are gonna hafta see pictures of those boots with the barbed wire on them, right? :D
Had to change the barbed wire, not nice on the floor in the back entry and kinda dangerous for the kitties and Bear. I zip tied choke chains on the muck boots instead! Trying to post a pic, phone is not cooperating! Will post soon!

IMG_20230131_190546156.jpg

Trial run in the morning!! 🙄🙄🙄🤔

View attachment 103382
Trial run in the morning!! 🙄🙄🙄🤔
I may have to leave the forum due to embarrassment 😂, but it's slick walking outside now, tomorrow will be horrible! I probably would have hurt myself on the barbed wire 🤪! I have Yak Trax ordered, we seem to get a lot of ice storms down here now!! May have to crawl through tomorrow's ice!!😮

@Pearl We don't know what you don't tell us. Ya got a good walking stick with a pointy end? Or two? As I walked across the concrete and then the decking, I could hear it cracking underfoot, but that was all it did. I'm showing 27°, cloudy, and it is so quiet outside. Travel is strongly discouraged.
"Conditions will worsen through Wednesday. Power outages and tree damage will become more likely due to increasing ice accumulation. Travel could be nearly impossible through Wednesday night."
Barely any traffic on the traffic cams around the city.

I may have to leave the forum due to embarrassment 😂, but it's slick walking outside now, tomorrow will be horrible! I probably would have hurt myself on the barbed wire 🤪! I have Yak Trax ordered, we seem to get a lot of ice storms down here now!! May have to crawl through tomorrow's ice!!😮
Nothin to be embarrassed about. You do what you gotta do....and stay safe.

You and Patch be careful

@Pearl We don't know what you don't tell us. Ya got a good walking stick with a pointy end? Or two? As I walked across the concrete and then the decking, I could hear it cracking underfoot, but that was all it did. I'm showing 27°, cloudy, and it is so quiet outside. Travel is strongly discouraged.
"Conditions will worsen through Wednesday. Power outages and tree damage will become more likely due to increasing ice accumulation. Travel could be nearly impossible through Wednesday night."
Barely any traffic on the traffic cams around the city.
Does a manure fork count as a walking stick??

Nothin to be embarrassed about. You do what you gotta do....and stay safe.

You and Patch be careful
I think the chains look just like what people put on their tires to drive on ice.
Should work great! :thumbs:
(still wanted to see the barbed wire, that would be sooo Texas!!)

It's warming up some, only 10 degs this morning. Could have some snow moving in by Friday. We sure need it.
I wish I could send you our snow, little as it is. 15 here, I will need a sweatshirt :)

We have a couple pairs of those too. Problem is they leave little holes in our redwood deck. Last year I bought some studs that you screw in to the bottom of your shoe. They work better and don't damage the deck as bad.
The studs on ours are pencil lead thin. Even so, we peel ours off before walking on the steps of our cedar porch.

It's warming up some, only 10 degs this morning. Could have some snow moving in by Friday. We sure need it.
We got snow here yesterday but not much. Maybe an inch or two. Today is in the 20's again and cloudy. Got the pipes unfrozen but the sink faucet and the shower head cracked so we are going into town today to get some new ones to replace those.
I'll take a shower at the gym tonight. Haha

Latest posts

Back