Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6:15 am, had to put old sheets and rugs down over the ice in Bear's yard so we could get out for a "business" trip! Shiny thick ice, absolutely horrible!! A lot of power outages in the area, mine is still on! Heavy sleet will start again soon. Hopefully gets near 32° so some of this can melt!! Will be interesting getting out to feed Buddy!!

Our temps will be in the negative digits all day and night into Friday. Today, the temps will fall all day long. We are forecast to wake up on Friday morning facing -24ºF (actual).
1675347576391.png

Made it to 31° today, some melting happened. Ice with water on top is more slippery ! 25° tonight, 40's tomorrow! Winter can go away now!!
That is how ice skates work!

The thin blades concentrate the weight on a small area transitioning the ice into water!

I once had 5o rescue The Princess by throwing her a rope. That was fun. 🤣

Ben

6:15 am, had to put old sheets and rugs down over the ice in Bear's yard so we could get out for a "business" trip! Shiny thick ice, absolutely horrible!! A lot of power outages in the area, mine is still on! Heavy sleet will start again soon. Hopefully gets near 32° so some of this can melt!! Will be interesting getting out to feed Buddy!!
We have plow trucks fit with plows on the front and special devices that sprinkled sand on the back. They may have had magnesium chloride in the sand as well. Wherever that was sprinkled, driving was much better!

I wish we had buckets of sand at the dog parks for sprinkling on the slick ice. I use a product called ice-melt in limited places where walking is treacherous.

We had a high of 58 degrees today.

I chipped away at the packed snow and ice at the dog park. Some of that ice has been there since before Christmas and is thick because of it being in the shade and having layers of newer snow on top. Hopefully in a couple days, most of it will be melted and we won't be walking on ice any more.

Sun came out today. After 5 days of rain I was about tired of sitting in the house. Even went out for lunch, then took long way home. It's about 5 miles of gravel roads with some great places for wild medicinal plants. Saw a few signs that life is beginning to stir.

Cold and clear tonight but sunny and warmer tomorrow. The wind will make it feel cool though.

@Pearl I can always say thanks for the heads up, cuz I thought we were in the clear for having some warm weather again. I got 50° over here. It was actually still nice out around 7. Hit 68 here today. Seriously, yall, Pearl and I live close enough to one another that there shouldn't be much of a difference in temperatures and forecasts.

Back