Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A hurricane in the GULF OF MEXICO?? Going south SuperV!!
C'mon, it's just a 'disturbance' with nothing to grow on.
You're gonna hafta blow on it real hard and turn it around to the north :rolleyes:.

Fear not. After having ZERO last year, I'm pretty sure we will have some 'get even' coming this year:mad:.

Last edited:
@sonya123 the amount of rain you’ve been getting is a bit much, ey? Never thought it rained that much in Virginia.
It’s been raining a little here and there for a couple of weeks, a month? The wildflowers have been outstanding this year. Hillsides covered with flowers and native grasses. Hot and humid here, today lots of big fluffy clouds.

@sonya123 the amount of rain you’ve been getting is a bit much, ey? Never thought it rained that much in Virginia.
It’s been raining a little here and there for a couple of weeks, a month? The wildflowers have been outstanding this year. Hillsides covered with flowers and native grasses. Hot and humid here, today lots of big fluffy clouds.

I thought so too, so I looked it up

https://gisgeography.com/us-precipitation-map/
we get around 40 inches a year

I liken this time of year to pulling out in traffic. You gotta jump when one storm passes in hopes of harvesting hay before the next storm. This year has been abnormal. Like road construction held up the traffic and then let the gate open. Hasn't been a gap to process hay...

It's not raining, so we have to cram as much outdoor work into the day as possible I am currently doing a crap load of laundry ( we have no dryer)
Husband is checking the electric fencing that is not working , probably tree branch on it somewhere, son is weed eating
I just took my crap load of laundry off the clotheslines!!😉

Yep, first tropical depression of the season in the gulf. 35mph winds, supposed to strengthen to a tropical storm tomorrow.

BUT! its going south, not north, really strange. Supposed to dissipate over cuba in a couple days.

Typical June weather here, dry, temps in the 80's.

1jun depress.jpg

Yep, first tropical depression of the season in the gulf. 35mph winds, supposed to strengthen to a tropical storm tomorrow.

BUT! its going south, not north, really strange. Supposed to dissipate over cuba in a couple days.

Typical June weather here, dry, temps in the 80's.

View attachment 109449
OMG! She finally has a name!:
Screenshot_20230602-152652.png

...And I shall call her "Feeble". :LOL:

Ok. I demand to know, who thahell sent this!!!:waiting:
Definitely from the northeast @Peanut or @snappy1 ?
Out of nowhere, and not on any radar:mad::

Strong gusty winds, loud cloud-to-ground lightening, and 1.43" in a half-hour!:oops:
Edit: Oh, and the temp dropped from 84° to 67° just that fast🥶.

Last edited:
Ok. I demand to know, who thahell sent this!!!:waiting:
Definitely from the northeast @Peanut or @snappy1 ?
Out of nowhere, and not on any radar:mad::
View attachment 109596
Strong gusty winds, loud cloud-to-ground lightening, and 1.43" in a half-hour!:oops:
Edit: Oh, and the temp dropped from 84° to 67° just that fast🥶.
I'm FREEZING too!! Was almost 90° today! Then, storms fired south and west. THEN, cool air filtered in from the north!🤔☹️ It's June, it's 65° right now, BOOOO!!

Latest posts

Back