Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Idalia update:
Has anybody noticed that they have adjusted their 'cones' westward?
I think they have been reading my posts. 😁
Since she is finally real, I can get a reading on her 'fatness', which is important:
View attachment 115157
...Still no pretty 'eye';).
Oh, and she has speeded up to moving at 14mph :oops: , which is a good thing for people.
The "bad"/"right" side will skirt the whole west coast!☹️

The "bad"/"right" side will skirt the whole west coast!☹️
Heard from daughter this evening (she lives a little north of Tampa)...
No longer in a flood-zone since moving out after the divorce. :thumbs:
Gassed up her car yesterday, and actually upped her food storage to 2 days worth
emo12-gif.64838
Giving the dog an anti-anxiety med tonight.

Idalia update:
...Still no pretty 'eye';).
Oh, and she has speeded up to moving at 14mph :oops: , which is a good thing for people.
OMG!! She finally got her eye!
Snapped this from TWC and it shows actual wind speed, not their 'future radar':
IMG_20230829_201740_kindlephoto-4850537457.jpg

Of course, since it is TWC, they immediately started harping about what peril Charleston Sathcarolina is in, since ya'know, that's where all the 'important people' are.:thumbs:
:LOL:

I got a shower last night, nothing major. Helped cool things off some. I don't think i'll even get rain from Idalia. Think it'll kept bearing NE.

What of our fl member, ricey? Anyone heard from him? broke in ga will probably get wet too.

Last edited:
I got a shower last night, nothing major. Helped cool things off some. I don't think i'll even get rain from Idalia. Think it'll kept bearing NE.

What of our fl member, ricey? Anyone heard from him? broke in ga will probably get wet too.
The Carolinas are getting it now!!

Southern GA was getting hammered with Rain. I heard a report of one stretch from Valdosta North getting 9" of rain in under 2 hours. That ALOT of water.
Yep, I think they been reading our playbook. :rolleyes:
We need to hear from @rice paddy daddy , he's in NE Florida, right where Idalia went thru.:(

I’ve got a cousin in South Carolina, she says it’ll hit them tonight…might be already. It was so pleasant out…at 97 degrees. It felt GOOD. Well yeah I’m comparing that to 107 feels like 113. So pleasant. Help me @Pearl I must be officially Texan.
Other family had severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings yesterday. All is well.

I’ve got a cousin in South Carolina, she says it’ll hit them tonight…might be already. It was so pleasant out…at 97 degrees. It felt GOOD. Well yeah I’m comparing that to 107 feels like 113. So pleasant. Help me @Pearl I must be officially Texan.
Other family had severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings yesterday. All is well.
Heck, I'm freezing Patch, lol!! There is a huge difference between 100° and 114°! Really amazing, right on spot for me! Patch, you would be cold if you moved up north!!😃

If it had kept on the track that was forecast two days ago we would have gotten hammered.
Luckily, it wobbled as most hurricanes do, and passed by us about 50 miles north. It was still a Cat One when it went by, and we were on the right side, the bad side, but we only got gusts to about 50 mph and not much rain at all.
Power was out from a little after 12 noon until midnight, which is why you didn’t hear from me earlier.
I waited several hours to see if power would be restored, but about 5:00 pm I went ahead and drug out the extension cords and fired up the generator I keep out in my workshop.
We’ve got three freezers full of food, last year one died on us and we lost $1,000 worth of meat. Soooo, I got off my lazy butt and fired up the genny.

I haven’t been out towards the back yet to see if any trees came down on any of the fences. We didn’t hear any fall, I think we’ll be good.

Thanks for thinking of me, that touches my heart. And I’m not being facetious either. I mean it.

Great to hear good news from ya @rice paddy daddy !!!
Sounds like everything worked out well. Tomorrow maybe you’ll have a sunny day. Back to business as usual. Hope all your critters did okay.
Sadly, one of our oldest hens was dead this morning, from natural causes. She was almost 10 years old.
A Plymouth Barred Rock, she and her sister lived by themselves in their own little coop. One or the other would still gift us with an occasional egg, even at their age!!
My wife said the survivor was beside herself when she went out at sunrise this morning to feed & water all the birds.
The wife will give her a day to grieve, and then move her in with another 4 oldies that are almost her age.

Our hens provide us with eggs to eat, we take good care of them, and it's sad when they die. My wife learned how to kill and process them, but neither one of us likes doing it, so we just let them live.
God put it on my heart to love animals one particularly bad night in Vietnam when I was sure that I would die at any second.

If it had kept on the track that was forecast two days ago we would have gotten hammered.
Luckily, it wobbled as most hurricanes do, and passed by us about 50 miles north. It was still a Cat One when it went by, and we were on the right side, the bad side, but we only got gusts to about 50 mph and not much rain at all.
Power was out from a little after 12 noon until midnight, which is why you didn’t hear from me earlier.
I waited several hours to see if power would be restored, but about 5:00 pm I went ahead and drug out the extension cords and fired up the generator I keep out in my workshop.
We’ve got three freezers full of food, last year one died on us and we lost $1,000 worth of meat. Soooo, I got off my lazy butt and fired up the genny.

I haven’t been out towards the back yet to see if any trees came down on any of the fences. We didn’t hear any fall, I think we’ll be good.

Thanks for thinking of me, that touches my heart. And I’m not being facetious either. I mean it.
Glad to hear all is well under the circumstances!

Latest posts

Back