Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here @Bacpacker temps in the mid 80's, a few days of dry weather. I just added up the rain totals for the month of April... 10 and 68/100ths inches for the month. Wettest April in several years. Just a couple of years ago it stopped raining in March... The garden was a boneyard by June... knock on wood... it keeps raining.

Same here @Bacpacker temps in the mid 80's, a few days of dry weather. I just added up the rain totals for the month of April... 10 and 68/100ths inches for the month. Wettest April in several years. Just a couple of years ago it stopped raining in March... The garden was a boneyard by June... knock on wood... it keeps raining.

We have only gotten 4.65inches here. I thought it was more till I counted it up.

Attention @Angie Can you pin this thread to the top? Just a suggestion. :)

This is tornado season in the south! Much more important than coffee, music only, russian rednecks, or a hungry cat...

Just a suggestion. :)

The rains have started here... as much as 3 inches expected in the next day and a half. The front covering me now had tornadoes 2 hours ago... glad the dew points dropped. This is expected to continue for the next 36 hours... Pins and needles folks.... A nasty can spin up anytime. :(

now.how is this more important then coffee?seeing how i can sit back with a cup of good coffee while i watch things take place.:p lol..

we're in for more thunderstorms the next 2 days.cities/county's flooding..roads getting washed out.tree's n power poles coming down in several towns.

It's raining here also. I have gotten just over an inch since midnight. There are supposed to storms this evening with the possibility of strong winds, hail ect... Then this system is supposed to stall out over my state for the next 4 days. Oh goodie! rain, rain and more rain!

It has been in the 80's here for days. Today it was 78 cloudy (waiting on Peanuts system to move thru), windy, and oh so humid. Finally got maybe .10" rain late this afternoon. More showers to come. Then heavy rains Saturday and Sunday. 70's thru next week.

im watching the morning news while drinking coffee.we're gonna get rain today.that's when i sit on the porch with my coffee if the rain n wind ain't to bad.

my dog comes 1st.other then that.my morning coffee comes first.i just hope the weather or a tornado don't interfer.

It didn't start raining here until about 3pm. At 8pm I had just over 1/2 inch. It raining lightly now. There's no thunderstorms approaching on radar, just heavy cloud cover, more light showers.

Edited to add... its now 10:30pm and the light rain continues. I measured this cloud cover on the radar map. It stretches 200 miles to the SW... all of it slowly headed my way. I'm betting on an inch or more total by morning.

Last edited:
I got about 6/10ths late yesterday and over night. The weatherman promised a sunny afternoon. To be fair the sun did come out between showers, just over 3/10ths this afternoon. Since friday I've gotten just under 2.75 inches... still a soggy mess...

Counting last monday's rain... 4.10 inches for the week.

It was hot today... 93 degrees at the bank in the big town about 3pm. The relative humidity was low so real summer heat isn't here yet.

Something happened the other day that caused a "remember when" moment. In the 60's and 70's alabama schools didn't have air conditioning although schools built in the early 70's did have central air/heat. I went to the new elementary school for the 6th grade the year it opened then it was off to the old high school.

I remember this time of year... 25 kids in a class was bad enough so teachers never turned on overhead lights. Even florescents put off to much heat. The hallways were dark and giant 6ft fans were every where. No one wanted to go to the lunchroom it could be 110 to 115 degrees in the eating area. I have no idea how those ladies in kitchen survived. Especially the ladies on the serving line... giant drops of sweat and foundation dripping off the end of their noses into the mashed potatoes and greenbeans... :D

I can make this joke because my mom was a lunchroom lady. She got a job at the new elementary school with the central AC/heat. She ran it for several decades until retiring.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back