Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are having a storm of Biblical proportions. Thunder, Lightning, and torrential Rain for the past 12 hours.

We have already had one tornado warning, and this is prime tornado weather. Fingers crossed.

It is not too bad right now in riversbend, gusty 72f and light intermittent rain.

Hoping the cell weakens as it comes across, we are at the leading edge of the line that usually draws from the Western Gulf the fuel line through here comes right through Corpus Christie area so it comes off of the land and has a bout 50 to 100 miles to bring fuel up here, then it crosses the rest of the Gulf drawing warm water moisture for fuel as it goes east.

Huntsville Alabama line is a hot zone for them and Tupelo Mississippi is also., They are in the long range fuel draw zone where the water is still shallow enough to be warm.

Right Now the Wx is FINE... Supposed to get Uppity this evening to late night...!!! Int has been sporadic and is Now just werking like it should, that's why this is late in getting here...!! Been Outside Enjoying what GOD has Provided and will bee getting right back out to do some mowing...! Bushie is out there now in the Carport sleeping in/on a Captain's Chair that needs re-building, if She is Happy with it the way it is then so am I...!!!

Have a Good Day All and May GOD Bless You and Yours...!!

1712083414478.png

@Peanut, that's so sad. :(

We've been talking a lot about that date around here, too. Had some touchdowns in the area, but nothing like yours.

Gives me a different perspective.

There were over 100 big tornadoes that day. Most i didn't hear about until years later, of course we no longer had a tv (or a house). :( I did hear about Xenia, Ohio. 32 people died there.

There were over 100 big tornadoes that day. Most i didn't hear about until years later, of course we no longer had a tv (or a house). :( I did hear about Xenia, Ohio. 32 people died there.
Yeah, that was awful.
I was SW of that, in Cincinnati. Our school was hit, but not our home.

Just got the all clear for my area, tornado watch was dropped. Temps 20 degree lower behind the front that just passed. No more worries, can sleep tonight.

And no nado threat til the next major storm, be at least a week. Temps down in the 30's by friday night. currently 79 , yep... it's April! 🤪

The temp today 80°😀, dropped to 60°:mad: in just 4 hours. (With a free side-order of wind).
WTH?!!gaah
Who did that?:waiting:
That 70° yesterday morning was great, 50° this morning. Waiting on the cold front winds to start blowing. Only 60° today, 40's tonight!☃️
...I shoulda known:(.

It's been raining, often times very hard for the last few days. Our entire area is flooding. Roads & schools are closed. Got a call from the County EMS earlier telling people in my area to immediately seek higher ground.
The storm isn't done yet and in the first 3 days of April, we already got the normal amount of rain for the entire month.

Unless some people decide to share our weather with you.
Then you get a bit crabby pants.(Estelle's saying not mine).
I confess, I am completely spoiled to 75+ temps.
We will be doing good if we even break above 70° today :(.
Only 68° at 1:00pm so far.

Back