Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gloomy. Temps in the 40's; cloudy. Yesterday it rained like a cow pissing on a flat rock. Glad I was inside, and didn't have to go anywhere.

Severe weather expected in the south over the next few days. @Peanut and @snappy1 and who all else is in the south...hope everything dissipates. Too much bad news.

Lot of lightening and thunder last night, wind today and cold (for here). 43 is our high for the day and very windy.

But @Supervisor42 your snow possibilities are non-existent. Aren't you expecting rain and possible twisters? I am hoping and praying for a peaceful weekend and end to the year.
Oh, we got wind! Lots of wind!
All of the holiday lights and decorations are in shambles... just in time for the daughter and son-in-law to see :mad:. They just got in from Fla.
(Don't worry, they both got tested negative before coming up):rolleyes:
Temps yesterday: in the 70's, today: low 40's:(.

Cold and only 18 degrees🥶

Attachments

• 6D05313D-9D9C-47D2-80EB-7B058B3CBEB4.jpeg
    6D05313D-9D9C-47D2-80EB-7B058B3CBEB4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 42
Yesterday afternoon(Christmas) snowed then later changed to freezing rain. More freezing rain this morning, then warmed up to about 40 and most of it melted. Now it’s supposed to be cold until about Wednesday when it’s supposed to snow.

No weather at all. I'm not even sure I am on Earth. I look out and everything is just a soft gray. I can hear what sounds like a heavy truck once in a while but the gray-out hides everything from view. My vision works for a few feet and then nothing. I have no trees, no sun, no clouds just grey.
If life is a hologram my screen just isn't working. If I knew how I would reboot to see if that would help. Is gray a kind of weather? ;)

Around 50 today, 25 this morning. Blue skies
High today 72, beautiful day!
Tomorrow, high of 74. Now, that's how I spell winter! :thumbs: .
I got a new weather station for Christmas; installed and programmed it today.
It's in color and backlit, unlike my old one (which played the 'hurricane game' one too many times:rolleyes:).

Spring is on it's way! ;)

Florida has crazy weather, last week it got down to 23.

New Year's Day
Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Breezy, with a south wind 9 to 15 mph.
Friday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. South wind around 8 mph.
Saturday
A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. South wind 7 to 11 mph.
Saturday Night
Showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 62.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 37.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 66.

It’s tough to follow Meerkat’s weather report. New Year’s Eve is bringing -5 temps with some 20 mph winds. I found it a bit chilly grilling up the salmon and tuna steaks. But it’s been super dry all week creating little ice crystals on everything that shine like 1,000,000 diamonds with the full moon. That alone makes the chill worth it. If you haven’t seen this phenomenon, it’s amazing.

High today 72, beautiful day!
Tomorrow, high of 74. Now, that's how I spell winter! :thumbs: .
I got a new weather station for Christmas; installed and programmed it today.
It's in color and backlit, unlike my old one (which played the 'hurricane game' one too many times:rolleyes:).
You need a new spell checker

High today is forecast at 63 degrees, low tonight 40. But... it's rainy and dreary. No wonder we have such awful problems with fungus and blights here. It can do the same thing in spells over the summer, too. Last year it decided to give us 6 weeks of rain, right when the tomatoes were coming on. Uuugghhhhh!!!!! (Sorry, I shouldn't complain. Definitely saves on heat.)

73 degrees yesterday, rain last night. Got .70 inches. 63 degrees and sunny today.

Well, this was the wettest year in the last 20. Year end total was 73.86 inches. Average is 55 inches a year.

Most crops and gardens were a bust... It stayed cold late, well into May. Plenty of rain but at the wrong times. Any kind of gourd like melons and squash did really poorly.

After several years of droughts we still need extra rain in 2021, just hope it's timed a little better.

Latest posts

Back