Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad cold this morning, overcast. It's 16 on my porch right now. Single digits last night. No snow to speak of, maybe an inch. I dodged a bullet on the ice storm, that was the real worry for me.

The high today is supposed to reach 30. It won't get higher unless we get some sun. Down to 10 again tonight, 45 tomorrow.

16feb21 (3) sm.JPG

Last edited:
Well our 32 inch total has begun to melt but we are going to get a bit more possibly and some freezing rain. A few more days and this will all be a wonderful memory of the winter of 2020-2021. :)

Warmth is on the way for my southern and eastern friends. It's 28 and sunny here in Colorado 9:45am. You don't even need a coat for that around here. Will be getting up into the 40's this afternoon. Warmth's coming, it's coming ... just hang on for another day or two!
It was much warmer this morning. I just came home from another dog park and it is cooling down. The sky is dark blue and gray to the northwest. 60% chance of snow tomorrow.

was 18 below, had a pipe burst in basement but got it before it was too bad, ever had an 'unction"? that odd feeling out of the bkue as in hmmm, i think ill go do -------. to me that is a God thing. things drying out pretty good and will be fine. another God thing---a couple weeks ago had an 'unction' to get a couple new space heater cube things. they are working perfectly.

im tired of cold and winter

1613544990943.png

Apparently we're looking at an "ice sandwich" lol
Snow then freezing rain/ice and then snow on top
Some say 9-12 inches total

Had to pop into the post office to pick up a package and the traffic was nutso.
I was the only one at the PO but the road was busy as heck
Guess they're running to the stores and gas stations.
Have no idea why people wait so long. We knew it was coming for days now

Temperature has risen to a balmy 12, and we are supposed to get another 1"-3" of snow this morning. Did I hear somebody mention Global Warming? Tell that to the people in Texas.

Thursday high 80 may get storms. Lights out last wk from storms.
Tonight
A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 57. East wind 7 to 9 mph.
Thursday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 80. South wind 8 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. South wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Friday Night
A 50 percent chance of showers before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 58.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 37.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 67.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 71.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 66.

The snow here is melting. We have about a foot left and the streets are clear and wet. Temperatures are in the mid 40's and the rain is falling as liquid water. There are birds out singing and the crows are returning. Spring has sprung here in my little corner of Washington state.

The nightmare that does not end..5 days without water or electricity...temp down to zero...today we broke ice on the tops of the big water tanks, ice was thick, had to chisel and use a sledge hammer, but managed to break the ice...we managed to get water to the animals, they were so thirsty...the NEW GREEN DEAL can shove it up their behind....solar and wind all went down on the grid...forced rolling blackouts...some of the town has had power for several days but our area remained locked down...with no electricity to keep the pipes warm, everything is frozen solid...supposed to start to warm up Friday and Saturday, so we will have to be very observant...Katy Bug gave up, could not keep a fire going, and with no water as well, went to a friends to thaw out...lots to talk about later...
❤
...I don't do icicles very well...

Just for the record, I’m not a good pioneer woman....that is a fact...trying to get the wood smoker going in 4 degrees outside is NO FUN....but managed to heat some food for us and my renter...no water, but I do have some drawn up...you don't think about your husband not being able to hear due to his hearing aides need electricity to charge...he might have enjoyed it...LOL...one of the funniest sights is hubby walking down the hallway...two tone long johns on...cream colored top, black color bottoms, wearing my blue croc shoes...LOL...Marty came by to check on us, he was on his way to work in Mexico, but we got to visit for a few minutes ...there was a chicken pecking so loud on the wood cage door, I think she was doing Morse Code for my butt is freezing....LOL...can you visualize hubby outside in his coveralls, with a pan, trying to get clean snow to melt for coffee, the snow plow is coming down the street spewing huge clouds of dirty ice and snow to the side, and he is right in the way...he gave up trying to melt snow, it was too dirty to use, but without his hearing aides, he could not hear it coming...

Last edited:
42 degrees above and partly cloudy, wind calm. Here in Paradise, Alaska.

And I have (6) SIX Feet of snow on the ground. But quite pleasant today.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back