Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooray!! It's the 1st of March and I thought it would never get here since February lasted about seven months. It claims to be 45 degrees right now but I have my doubts. Maybe my blood hasn't thawed out yet because it still feels mighty frosty to me. 🐧🐧🐧🐧

More rain, and mud. I hate it. Is there any place in the U.S. that has good weather? And NO I do not want to live in California, besides the obvious , they have fires. I want to live some place where there is no wild fires every year, it doesn't rain all year ( here) , it is not super hot and humid all year ( Florida) and it isn't super cold and super hot ( South Dakota). Do I need to move to another country?

Sorry, you might need to move to another planet. :(

FB_IMG_1614608033777.jpg

Jim

High yesterday was 70 .
High today 47.
8:40 pm it's 33deg.

How do you heat with wood when it's 60 deg in day time and 30 deg at night...uugghh.

Jim
Let the fire die out in the morning, wear sweat pants and a sweater.

Woke up to what I thought my weather app saying 36 degrees, but how can that be when there was a little snow falling from the sky. The snow has stopped, but it is lightly raining out. Waiting for that big storm over the weekend. I heard one weather person say some people could get up to 40 inches of snow. Yikes! I hope that is in the mountains so the ski resorts have plenty of fresh powder.

This could change.

This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 77. East wind around 8 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 50. East wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 78. East wind 3 to 7 mph.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 52. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 81. Light east wind.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 53.
Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54.
Sunday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 58.
Monday
A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 81.
Monday Night
A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60.
Tuesday
A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny,

60s last couple days and sunny. 70s tomorrow. Could use some rain. We've had a few smaller fires around this area of the state.

Hope the fires don't get bad. At one time years ago most of n.Fl was on fire.Smaoke was terrible,we were on a ball league and ashes falling on us while we played.Think year was 2000.

ay
Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm. Some storms could be severe, with damaging winds. High near 84. Windy, with a south wind 11 to 16 mph increasing to 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Thursday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely before 8pm, then a slight chance of showers between 8pm and 2am. Some of the storms could be severe. Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. Southwest wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 69. West wind 6 to 13 mph.
Friday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy.
Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Breezy.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 47.

Woke up to a massive thunderstorm this morning. Already have 1.5 inches of rain in the gauge. Some 20+mph winds.

I've been intermediately losing satellite internet due to heavy cloud cover. No tornadoes yet, fingers crossed.

Only 9 more hours of this expected, goody!

30 minutes ago a tornado watch for my area was issued. 2 minutes later a tornado warning was issued. Yep! the first tornado of the day is on the ground.

I'm located in the high risk area for tornadoes, again... A group of counties in Mississippi and Alabama.

Edit to add... 3 tornadoes on the ground now.

Update: for those who may have followed the tornado outbreak last week in Angie's thread.. I head the numbers last night. Total tornadoes that touched down - 24. lots of homes destroyed in several counties. NO fatalities.

The reporting has gotten so much better over the last decade and that saves lives.

Last edited:
30 minutes ago a tornado watch for my area was issued. 2 minutes later a tornado warning was issued. Yep! the first tornado of the day is on the ground.

I'm located in the high risk area for tornadoes, again... A group of counties in Mississippi and Alabama.

Edit to add... 3 tornadoes on the ground now.

Update: for those who may have followed the tornado outbreak last week in Angie's thread.. I head the numbers last night. Total tornadoes that touched down - 24. lots of homes destroyed in several counties. NO fatalities.

The reporting has gotten so much better over the last decade and that saves lives.

Peanut be careful!

2:10pm... 4 different tornadoes on the ground. Major damage to heavily populated areas SE of Birmingham (suburbs). The video shows damage from a nado at least 1/2 mile wide, complete devastation in the path.

Me... A big tornado on the ground headed in my general direction. Looks like it'll pass within 5 miles either side of me. In other words I'm dead center.

Even worse, the line of storms stretch back into Mississippi. I'll be in the shooting gallery for the next several hours.

Oops, now there are 2 tornadoes on the ground headed for me.

I got my folks down the stairs, they are safe in the storm room. updates to continue.

Latest posts

Back