Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like our weather is like yours, Pearl.
Weather twins.
Ours is like a book we checked out of her library. :oops:
We just haven't gotten it home and cracked it open yet....
c09698596b32719340bde1f08c5cbb2e.gif

Rochester, NY woke up to a balmy 4 degrees this morning with a wind chill down to -12 or so. I usually walk our dog several miles in the morning, but she wanted none of that...just a few hundred yards and she was ready to go back home. My husky loved weather like this. Labs...not so much.

There's a light dusting of snow now and we may get substantial snow accumulation - maybe a foot or more - in the next couple days. Or not. I find flipping a coin to be about as reliable as the weather report. In any event, it won't be anything we can't handle.

This morning we have light winds, single digits, and waiting for the bad weather to roll in.

Watched some morning news and saw stations along the east coast telling people to stock up for the storm, also saw some news clips from VA, DC, and MD showing empty shelves at the grocery stores. A friend of mine in WV told me that his store was being cleaned out by people driving out of the city looking for stores with grub.... Makes me wonder what the people in NY, PA, and OH are seeing.

Although I don't expect this storm to be a big deal, I do think it will add more disruptions to a system that is already in chaos, if the icing happens and power goes down over a regional area I think it could be big news come Tuesday......

It has been beautiful for almost a week, thus my less participation, 5 or so degrees either side of zero, the snow is shrinking, but not melting and making a mess:great::woo hoo:

We got our snow, but not much. My yard looked like the picture Tenngrizz posted. Today it is sunny, but temps are in the teens. Forecast is overcast the rest of the week; temps back in the 50's on Tuesday and in the teens on Thursday. Don't even try to figure it out. :dunno:

Right now we're all the way up to 18. It was 11 when I got up at 4:30.
Nothing is supposed to start here until around 1pm.
We've been getting things ready.
I filled the dog's automatic feeder and heated water bucket, gave them more hay in their box.
Hubby's brought in extra bags of wood pellets for the stove.
Had to move my garden wagons so the snowblower is clear to use.
Hubby moved the vehicles around to the side so the driveway is clear so he can use the snowblower when its time.
Made sure I had everything I wanted for our meals from the other refrigerator in the pellet shed
I'm sure hubby will bring in extra beer.
We're ready for the power to go out. Generator is ready to go
Snow shovels are ready
Icemelt is ready if we need it. It might warm up and rain after the ice so it could melt on its own

Just normal things to do before a storm. We're used to it. ;) :)

From about noon yesterday until sometime after I went to bed it rained, and rained, and rained some more. A few thunderstorms thrown in... winds gusting to 35mph.

Today, it's still raining, not as much as yesterday. Still no ice or snow for me. The low tonight will be about 35 degrees. If any snow does fall it'll melt. The ground temp is about 45 degrees.

There is a little snow/sleet falling up around Lookout mountain and it's twin, Sand mtn. And some east of Chattanooga (still on lookout). Basically from Fort Payne going NE.

Lookout mtn is about 50 miles long and sits in AL, TN and GA. Sand mtn is longer and runs parallel to Lookout with a valley in between.

Rain last night first pic... 2nd pic, today with a little ice in pink.

rainy 15jan22.jpg

rain 15jan22 b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back