Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overcast and dark now, would rather be home on couch, reading. Rain should be starting this afternoon and get heavy on the overnight, possibly 1-2 inches. And wind gusts. Hopefully we don't lose power. Weekend should be nice though.

I can't believe Karl is avoiding Louisiana!! Wow, what happened to the global warmers who predicted a busy hurricane season?
I can't believe Mexico outbid us on that one :mad:. Must have been all that cartel drug-money:rolleyes:.

Haha, Supe, you funneh... ;)

You'd like the weather here today, it is glorious fall weather in the high desert! No hope of a hurricane hitting Alamo, I'm sorry to say... :rolleyes:

But we DID have a week of rainy weather (off & on) so it's all good! Now it's time for some sunshine! :cool:

NOAA weather forecast for Alamo today: "Clear & sunny with a strong chance of BEER & homemade BURRITOS!!!" 🍺

Last edited:
Haha, Supe, you funneh... ;)

You'd like the weather here today, it is glorious fall weather in the high desert! No hope of a hurricane hitting Alamo, I'm sorry to say... :rolleyes:

But we DID have a week of rainy weather (off & on) so it's all good! Now it's time for some sunshine! :cool:

NOAA weather forecast for Alamo today: "Clear & sunny with a strong chance of BEER & homemade BURRITOS!!!" 🍺
Wow, my house is under a high risk for beer later too!

Man, is the weather nice out there!!! Got the watering done, pulled three small goathead vines, took a shower... now I'm relaxing in front of the fan, windows open at each end of my home (no A/C bill). Gonna try to figure out how to post those trail-riding pics... I macked a spare milanesa sandwich I had in the fridge, so I'm not hungry enough to make the burrito mix yet, lol. That milanesa sandwich was also stacked high with all the trimmings, so I won't need to eat for a while, lol. I sure hope I can transfer those pics, I know some of you will really like the views!!! :cool:

Gloomy overcast day, but the temp is mild... I just went out to feed the wild birds and the air temp is quite comfortable. NOAA Weather says we have a 70% chance of rain later today & this evening, so no watering, just gotta empty & refill the birdbaths! Easy morning! Big ol' bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch for breakfast in a bit, with fresh banana & blackberries! My blackberry vine is doing very well in the yard too, I might add! So are the peach & pear saplings! Gonna harvest some watermelon later this morning, set the big one aside and try it later... :cool:

Snow. Lots of it!

We got 6 inched on Thursday morning, our firsts real snowfall of the season. I woke up this morning at 5 am and looked out to 8 inches of fresh new snow and it’s still snowing hard. Only 1 inch was forecasted.

Looks like 70s today. Raining, can expect that off and on all day. Heard thunder a bit ago.
Send some rain back my way!!! Actually there is a bunch out by Abilene, maybe, just maybe I'll get some out if that! I hung out a load of laundry and a tease, that should bring some rain!!😃

We have had a freeze warning the past two days. Temps have dropped to the 20's and highs are only in the 50's. It will be a chilly morning playing golf. Not supposed to warm up until Friday, and even then only in the 70's. At least the sun is shining.

We have had a freeze warning the past two days. Temps have dropped to the 20's and highs are only in the 50's. It will be a chilly morning playing golf. Not supposed to warm up until Friday, and even then only in the 70's. At least the sun is shining.
Uh oh, retirement is getting rough!! Golfing in cold!😮 Beats doing dishes!😉

Uh oh, retirement is getting rough!! Golfing in cold!😮 Beats doing dishes!😉

I have to do the dishes before I leave. No joke.

Season is getting close to the end, though. Neither of us are fans of playing in the cold. My swing is encumbered enough by body fat. Adding layers of clothing does not help. ⛳

I have to do the dishes before I leave. No joke.

Season is getting close to the end, though. Neither of us are fans of playing in the cold. My swing is encumbered enough by body fat. Adding layers of clothing does not help. ⛳
You need a tougher "dishes" work out program!!😁

52 degrees and overcast with a 30% chance of showers today, dropping to 20% tonight. Got plenty of rain last night, so if no more rain drops from the sky, no worries! No outdoor work necessary today---except for wheeling the trash bin out to the street and back under the carport later. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back