Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe Karl is avoiding Louisiana!! Wow, what happened to the global warmers who predicted a busy hurricane season?
"It's game over man! Game over!!! gaah" (famous movie quote)
two_atl_0d0.png

<Withdrawal begins:confused:>

Right now it is 30, and highs are supposed to be in the 40's. Temps will slowly rise all week and Saturday it is supposed to be in the 80's. What would you call this? A great time to catch the flu?

Brrrrrrr! 40°, going to only be in the 60's!😮 Freeze warning for parts of Texas tonight, AND LOUISIANA! My county is not in the warning, but I'm sure it will get below freezing in the valley I'm in!! Get ready for thermometer pictures in the morning!🙄❄️ 80's coming back in a few days!😃
Yeah, I got your shipment.:confused:
Woke up to chilly 52° this morning (12 degrees colder than yesterday).
Had to put on my jacket. :mad: 🥶
The good news: going to be a 'magic-day', no A/C or heat needed :thumbs: .

Last edited:
Mostly sunny today, high of only 64 degrees F, good day to pull weeds and putter around the house... better log out and get something to eat before I get started in the yard. Shouldn't take long to fill the trash bin again, weeds should pull easy in this damp ground. :cool:

Yeah, I got your shipment.:confused:
Woke up to chilly 52° this morning (12 degrees colder than yesterday).
Had to put on my jacket. :mad: 🥶
The good news: going to be a 'magic-day', no A/C or heat needed :thumbs: .
Alright, turning it DOWN a notch tonight! The freeze warning covers a BIG area! ❄️😮

Chilly last night, when I walked out to check the thermometer on the porch it read 36 degrees... dunno how accurate that thermometer really is, it seemed to "read high" during the summer. Dunno whether it rained last night or we just had heavy dew, the ground looks a bit muddy out there. Otherwise, we have beautiful sunny weather here, it'd be a fine day to go riding, but I'm supposed to look after Zorlac in his post-operative state. He seems fine, he's running around and everything, so I'm sorely tempted to go riding anyway... for now, I'm sippin' hot apple cider (sweet cider, not hard cider, lol) and enjoying the heck out of it, it's the first hot cider I've had this fall. :cool:

Dang, that hot cider was so good, I believe I'll heat another mug of it... I almost followed Bacpacker's recent example and had hot chocolate, but I have plenty of apple cider in the fridge, so I reckon I'll save the hot chocolate for later. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don't use that kind of language!😮
You sound like my wife. She hates it when the weather turns cold.
Backlash other than clouds and rain that could be our forecast for past several days
If we get any measurable rain I will be surprised.
We rarely get real rain just a few scattered showers.

Oddly, it is still up at 58°. I don't know what happened, last I looked it was supposed to get down into the 30s tonight but now my forecast has a low of 53 and tomorrow high of 85. No complaints. Glad to see a sunrise is in the forecast.
Maybe the pool water at @Pearl's is still warm enough for her.

Oddly, it is still up at 58°. I don't know what happened, last I looked it was supposed to get down into the 30s tonight but now my forecast has a low of 53 and tomorrow high of 85. No complaints. Glad to see a sunrise is in the forecast.
Maybe the pool water at @Pearl's is still warm enough for her.
Water is a little chilly, wasn't in it yesterday, but.......today is a whole different story!! 52° this morning, UPPER 80's today!😃😃😃 Upper 80's all weekend!

Latest posts

Back