Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were up the mountain today and less snow than a couple weeks ago when we got our tree 🌲. Almanac says mid-January is when the snow will start.
We have maybe 6" of snow left on the ground, and in places some bare ground is showing. Right now it's 31 and sunny, yesterday we had some of your fog, thank you for sharing.

Here's what it is supposed to look like around here. This picture was taken about a year ago at this time. We bearly have 6" on the ground right now. This will be a bad summer if we don't start getting some snow soon.
20230310_142245.jpg

Whopping 45° today! The sun has come out finally! Last New Year's Day the morning low was 57, high of 80°!! Rain tomorrow!
Why won't you ship that stuff to me?! gaah

1-02-24... Tuesday...
Overcast, sharp n.w. wind, 34/20F for temps..
Predicted same for the next 2 days then warmer over the weekend..
Skiff of snow Saturday night.. Streets, walks clear Sunday early.. But then there is always a storm here over New Years...

What? Wait! The memo said you prefer those spinny things and that liquid soil. 😂
Well, I don't know if the 80° will get here but here is @Pearl's heavy rain that will be drowning us tomorrow:
IMG_20240102_221914_kindlephoto-964748048.jpg

She kept the 80s, only 50-60 for us :mad:.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know if the 80° will get here but here is @Pearl's heavy rain that will be drowning us tomorrow:
Here on my weather station, you can see the barometer history take a nosedive 6 hours ago (thin arrow) and why the forecast window shows rain (big arrow).
IMG_20240102_224147_kindlephoto-965857538.jpg

Last edited:
Here on my weather station, you can see the barometer history take a nosedive 6 hours ago (thin arrow) and why the forecast window shows rain (big arrow).
View attachment 122214
...And dropping another 3 points in the last 3 hours as it moves in on us:
IMG_20240103_012441_kindlephoto-971818383.jpg

View attachment 122213
She kept the 80s, only 50-60 for us :mad:.
80 was last year 2023 New Year's Day. I'm sending extra rain and cold now!! Actually looks like many chances of rain in the near future!!

...And dropping another 3 points in the last 3 hours as it moves in on us:
View attachment 122216
And sure enough, .74" of rain between 2am and 6am :rolleyes:.
Barometer inching back up and forecast window shows sun with a couple clouds (partly cloudy). Barometer school is now over:).

And sure enough, .74" of rain between 2am and 6am :rolleyes:.
Barometer inching back up and forecast window shows sun with a couple clouds (partly cloudy). Barometer school is now over:).
One more reason you've spelled your name wrong - see, it should be Soupervisor42.
No need to thank me. Glad to help 😂

Latest posts

Back