Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pool has been up and going since mid February!! First time in...59°, today, 83° hopefully 84 soon! It's 88° outside, already had PLENTY of cold ones, on break now to reload the cooler! Bad Pearl, bad!!😃🫢 Observations from Pearl's pool thread is starting up later, been an interesting afternoon!😉
:drink buddy::drink buddy::drink buddy:

Crazy out there tonight, tornadoes all over the place. Even a couple here in Michigan in the southwestern part of the state. My friends in the Kalamazoo area have some minor damage but sounds like a lot of damage south of them. Thundering here, just a slight breeze and that sullen feel to the air that bodes ill. Hopefully the severe stuff dies down soon!

1715129397166.png

Tornado sirens going off for several hours last night.
Then dead calm, no air moving, no sirens nothing.
BAM, rain hit hard.
Windows rattled with rain hitting them, wind.
Several tornadoes in the area.
Several shootings, several car accidents when the rain hit.
Calm today so far.
We will have another front come through about Sunday night.
My storm from last night is headed toward Al,Miss, Ky.Tn.GA. NC.

Everyone in our group is accounted for as far as we know, y’all think we’re good for the day? This time of year is anxiety inducing. Last spring we had the siren going off twice just minutes apart and took shelter at work.
Pay attention to your local reports and check in when it’s over if you can. Sorry, I’m a mom and just wired like that.

Tue 07 | Day​

89°

4%
WSW10 mph
Cloudy skies early, then partly cloudy this afternoon. High 89F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.
  • Record High93°
  • Average High82°
  • Sunrise6:27 am
  • Sunset8:12 pm

Tue 07 | Night​

69°

4%
SW7 mph
Partly cloudy skies. Low 69F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Record Low45°
  • Average Low57°
  • Moonrise5:54 am
    New Moon
  • Moonset8:03 pm
  • Wed 08 | Day​

90°

4%
    WSW9 mph
    Mostly cloudy skies this morning will become partly cloudy this afternoon. Warm. High near 90F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
    • Record High93°
    • Average High82°
    • Sunrise6:26 am
    • Sunset8:13 pm

Wed 08 | Night​

70°

24%
    SW6 mph
    Partly cloudy skies early will give way to cloudy skies late. Low around 70F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
    • Record Low38°
    • Average Low57°
    • Moonrise6:31 am
      New Moon
    • Moonset9:16 pm

the wind here has been terrible, never seen this before in over 18yrs here. usually spring is a bit windy with speeds 7-12mph gusts. for years pretty average with occasional storm and then higher winds of say 20=25mph gusts.

over time the number and dtrength of windy days and gusts has definitly increased. last spring it was gusts to 25-30mph for a much long yime frame. this year ive been seeing very windy days for much longer time frame nit just spring. avg wind now s have been starting at 12-15mph and gusts to 35-35, this week its been up in 50-60mp[h gusts.
jusdt getting crazy

Had a Nice Rain in the early PM, lasted all of may🐝 5 minutes...!!! Just long enough to put a Damper on the Wood Project in the Backyard...!! Finally was just now able to get to the back for a little bit of Tinkering...!
☃️

👻👻

Had some heavy rain at times earlier today. Currently under a Tornado and flashflood watch until midnight. After the afternoon storm, it cleared up and the sun came out. jumped from 66 to 73 in about an hour. I was afraid it had heated the atmosphere up and make it worse. But so far, just had a few sprinkles. Hopefully nothing more that some more rain tonight.
Got my radios and cell phones charged and ready to head to the basement if need be later.

70 this am and VERY HUMID, 85%. Looks like storms have slowed some. Rain should begin around noon. Bad stuff rolls in around 9pm
I seen the radar of the bad stuff headed to you tonight :oops:.
Hunker down!:
Screenshot_20240508-192022_kindlephoto-2129258608.png

Back