Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen the radar of the bad stuff headed to you tonight :oops:.
Hunker down!:
View attachment 129483
Right now we have tornado warnings west and south of us. Maybe 50-60 mile away. We are just now getting rain and lightning. The next hour will be interesting.
There is a Skywarn net running and getting regular report from the National Weather Service on the ham band. One reported a tornado touch down much closer to Nashville

Updates!!
We're in a Severe Thunderstorm Warning right now. Rainfall over 2" per hour. But almost no wind blowing and thankfully no hail yet. Power has been out for about 20 minutes.
Another warning just went up for a stretch about 10 miles south of us
Let us hear good news, storms skirted by!!

Set and Thor are having a jam session right over my zero! 0_o
shytestorm.png

We need @Swing to check in.
https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/huntsville-tornado-videos-show-twister-in-alabama-city-power-outage-reported/ar-BB1m4nRE?ocid=weather-verthp-feeds
A massive tornado was seen passing through Huntsville in Alabama as a power outage was reported across the city on Wednesday. This comes as the National Weather Service (NWS) has issued multiple tornado warnings in Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia.

Locals and storm chasers posted videos of the tornado in Huntsville. Power flashes were seen in the sky.

We made it thru in good shape. Still storming and raining heavily. But almost no wind. There is some damage around the area, but from hail or straight line winds. We had hail reports from 3 different cells that moved thru of ping-pong ball and teacup size, 2 to 3" diameter. We got none at the house. Garden was all standing tall this morning.
Ill make additional comments once I've digested the news

We made it thru in good shape. Still storming and raining heavily. But almost no wind. There is some damage around the area, but from hail or straight line winds. We had hail reports from 3 different cells that moved thru of ping-pong ball and teacup size, 2 to 3" diameter. We got none at the house. Garden was all standing tall this morning.
Ill make additional comments once I've digested the news
Looked like storms kept breaking up.
But Bacpacker what I want to know is, did you sleep through it?
It sounds like more will be headed your way.

It’s 29 degrees and snowing at 4:45 am. Pretty but hoping it melts by noon.

Had a lot of rain in riversbend, Seems like Huntsville Al had a bad night, We have a lot of friends and family there, and need to spend the day checking them all out.

Still in the rain zone, but mostly yellow.

Central Northern Alabama, Middle Tennessee, and North Georgia seem to have been a hot zone like it was as it crossed the Mississippi in Middle Western Tennessee with some large hail.

Hope everyone makes it through this one and all those coming from nature and man without any harm!!! May GOD bless and protect everyone!!!

Looked like storms kept breaking up.
But Bacpacker what I want to know is, did you sleep through it?
It sounds like more will be headed your way.
I stayed up till 1130 or so. Most of the big, most likely to drop a tornado, had moved on past by then. And yep sleep like a baby till my alarm jolted me awake. It was still raining and lightning heading to work this morning. But looking at radar most of the front is already past us.
I dumped 2.49" out of the rain gauge

Hi all. I was on the edge of the elephant last night. Tornado warning for my local area went off two or three times between 9":30 - midnight. The closest one was 2 or 3 miles up the road. But, so far, the Limestone, Madison, Jackson counties of AL did not have any fatalities. Old part of down down got some trees down and maybe some roof damage. I have to check the local news. I'll have to check the TV/computer local TV coverage to see the daylight results.

Had a lot of rain in riversbend, Seems like Huntsville Al had a bad night, We have a lot of friends and family there, and need to spend the day checking them all out.

Still in the rain zone, but mostly yellow.

Central Northern Alabama, Middle Tennessee, and North Georgia seem to have been a hot zone like it was as it crossed the Mississippi in Middle Western Tennessee with some large hail.

Hope everyone makes it through this one and all those coming from nature and man without any harm!!! May GOD bless and protect everyone!!!
Gadsen got pretty much involved in that also...!!!

1715263858675.png

https://www.al.com/news/2024/05/north-alabama-storm-and-tornado-damage-here-are-photos-video.html

Hi all. I was on the edge of the elephant last night. Tornado warning for my local area went off two or three times between 9":30 - midnight. The closest one was 2 or 3 miles up the road. But, so far, the Limestone, Madison, Jackson counties of AL did not have any fatalities. Old part of down down got some trees down and maybe some roof damage. I have to check the local news. I'll have to check the TV/computer local TV coverage to see the daylight results.
Thank you for checking in!! Glad you are safe!!

The seed potatoes are staying in the cellar for a few more weeks. Woke up to 6 inches of fresh snow and it’s 22 degrees at 4:50 am. Should be nice today though, 39 degrees and sunny.

It didn't rain overnight in central Iowa, for once. But the dew was so heavy that water was dripping out of my down spout this morning. Gonna be a nasty humid day but the forecast is clear until tomorrow. It's supposed to rain all next week though. The farmers are getting antsy, many of them have barely gotten in the field this spring because of the rain. We needed the moisture but not this much...

We ended with 2.39" and the sun came out.
The strong winds that had been pestering us for a week, came to a dead-still stop. Eerie.
I look around outside, and it looks like a panorama photo instead of real-life :oops:.
Well a little more than a week later, our 'flood-rain' is beginning to bear fruit...
Mosquitos!! :mad:
I haven't encountered the 'new for 2024' models before, and I must say, I am impressed!:p
They have GPS!:eyeballs:
I sit in my chair on the patio with my arms 2' apart.
One of the little buggers nailed me in exactly the same spot on each hand!:oops:
Too late, I chased it off the right hand, minutes later it was drilling the same spot on the left hand. :(

Last edited:
Back