Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
78715061_1274535899417715_5793625314223456256_n.jpg

I don't think I ever said thank you for this thread and the work you put into it everyday. Thank you Sentry.

Thanks! My kids love these random facts so I look up something new for them every day and then share it here.

Both Grandfathers drove Ford pickups, my Dad drove a Ford pickup, I drive a Ford pickup, and my Son's first vehicle was, yep, a Ford pickup.
My dad drove a Chevy pickup, my brother drove the same pickup, and his son (my dad's grandson) drove it too.
All of them used it to pull Fords out of the mud over the years:D.

(just yankin' your chain (pun):)

1. WHY:
Why do men's clothes have buttons on the right while women's clothes have buttons on the left?
BECAUSE:
When buttons were invented, they were very expensive and worn primarily by the rich. As most people are right-handed, it is easier to push buttons on the right through holes on the left. Because wealthy women were dressed by maids, dressmakers put the buttons on the maid's right! And that's where women's buttons have remained since.

WHY:
In golf, where did the term 'Caddie' come from?
BECAUSE:
When Mary Queen of Scots went to France as a young girl, Louis, King of France, learned that she loved the Scots game 'golf.' He had the first course outside of Scotland built for her enjoyment. To make sure she was properly chaperoned (and guarded) while she played, Louis hired cadets from a military school to accompany her. Mary liked this a lot and when she returned to Scotland (not a very good idea in the long run), she took the practice with her. In French, the word cadet is pronounced ‘ca-day' and the Scots changed it into caddie.

That is brilliant!
It would probably garner thousands of 'likes' in today's world of whiners:rolleyes:.
"...and the store fired the guy on the spot! Oh I feel so important today!:D A thousand 'thumbs up' for the store!:thumbs:"

Don't blame it all on the USA, measuring from the mid Atlantic Ridge the USA only moved 50 inches to the west and Europe has moved 50 inches east.
Europe and the Americas are moving apart but China and the Americas are getting closer.

...Europe and the Americas are moving apart but China and the Americas are getting closer.
Yeah but California is much closer and far more dangerous.:eek:
We've checked, and they appear to be making no progress toward sliding into the oceangaah.
Where are the tectonic plates when you really need them?:mad:

Well the west side of the San Andreas fault is sliding north and a bit west. It's not going to slide into the ocean but north toward Alaska. When it gets there it will either subduct under Alaska or push into the State making some new mountains. To get to San Fransisco bay you will either need a well insulated boring machine or the ability to climb a mountain.

Well the west side of the San Andreas fault is sliding north and a bit west. It's not going to slide into the ocean but north toward Alaska. When it gets there it will either subduct under Alaska or push into the State making some new mountains. To get to San Fransisco bay you will either need a well insulated boring machine or the ability to climb a mountain.
Hopefully it will scoop up Seattle on it's way up there:rolleyes:.
Don't worry, when they get there, they will paint a big smiley-face on what an awesome, healthy, full-body aerobic workout it takes to visit them:D.

I don't think they will like the climate in the arctic ocean... but I will love it! the homeless drug addicted criminals will move back to eastern LA. :)

Latest posts

Back