Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EA52447A-0BD0-422B-8FE3-C9C5411D6FA3.jpeg
here is why the fuel levels got confused. It is missing travel, we don’t use miles or km, we use hours

Dogs are just so kool!
I don't know any cat that would follow its owner down the block for food.

Too funny, I just spent 3 days driving through Canada and I measure distance there in hours.
Every rural Canadian does it that way, because time is the important factor. It isn’t how far, it is how long will it take me to get there. We even have two measurements. For example Edmonton, Alberta is 7 1/2 hours actual road driving time, but counting stops for gas and the time zone change it’s 9 1/2 hours. When someone asks me how far is Edmonton, my answer will depend on what information they are looking for.

If they would keep bringing cheese and whiskey the arguments might last awhile.
I know some people that would start an argument daily.
Me too.
I know people who argument because they can!
Feed them & they may not stop to sleep!

I would love to think so. It has been a lot of years since I looked at the death rate in India but in the late 1960's they had a very high rate of married women dying from exploding kerosene stoves.
Men would ask the wife's family for support (dowry) money and if they refused then the wife had an accident with a stove. The man was then free to get another wife. It became a real problem and I would assume that there are fewer women than men in the country and maybe their value has gone up?

eagle-eye.jpg

Story at-a-glance
  • Eagles have among the best eyesight in the animal kingdom, estimated to be four to eight times more powerful than human eyesight. Birds of prey can see four to five times farther than we can, which gives them 20/5 or 20/4 vision
  • Eagles’ sharp eyesight, which includes excellent color vision, makes them superb hunters. They spot prey from great distances and can dive toward the ground at 125 to 200 miles per hour
  • There are two features of an eagle’s eyes that give him such sharp vision. One is the retina, and the other is the fovea. Together they give him the ability to pick up fine details in his field of vision, and magnify them
  • Eagle eyes are angled 30 degrees away from the center of the face, giving them a 340-degree visual field, as compared to a human’s 180-degree field

I truly believe cancer would be cured if it wasn't so profitable for the medical establishment and the pharmaceutical industry.
Maybe not all cancers but a good portion of them.
You mean like cigarettes killing over 100,000 Americans every year but they can't be banned because they supply so much tax revenue to every level of government?
Like that?
Yet they have mounted an all-out assault against vaping because that's what people use to get off of cigarettes and they get no tax from vaping.
Naa, it's not all about the money, they all have our health as the #1 priority:D.

Latest posts

Back