Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_o2973v2S7P1roqv59o1_500.png

That post is going to really tick-off the bottle-suckers.
Yes, all municipal tap water is already "purified and 'enhanced' with minerals for a pure fresh taste".
Every public water-treatment facility is required yearly to publish their levels test after treatment.
The only real difference is bottled water has the chlorine removed.
It is only about 'taste' after that.
(don't leave bottles in the sun:eek:)

Last edited:
He should have licensed it instead...
The guy that invented the original "Presto log" made a fortune with a 1 cent license fee per log.

Bears can run up to 40 miles per hour, fast enough to catch a running horse. The fastest known human alive today is Usain Bolt, who can run 27mph

I don't know, I have seen angry women run 30mph. :D

I don't know, I have seen angry women run 30mph. :D
...And more men have been mauled by those than bears:eek::rolleyes:.

Speaking of interesting and unusual facts... and predators:

The Alligator is one of Mother-Nature's finest designs.
Virtually unchanged for 37-million years, they are the ultimate 'Survivor' on land.
A leftover from the dinosaur era, they refused to die-out or evolve.
Want to talk gas mileage?
How Stuff Works said:
"Alligators, being cold-blooded, do not have to eat very often. Once a week is a typical feeding schedule for alligators living in the wild. Excess calories are stored in fat deposits at the base of the alligator's tail. Incredibly, by burning fat reserves, it is possible for an alligator to last more than two years between feedings.
Covered in armor-plating and with no effective natural predators, they will still be here when we are long gone.
alligator-zigzag-1.jpg

The interesting part:
...they do everything with a brain about the size of a walnut:
How Stuff Works said:
"They are instinctual living machines. An alligator's brain weighs only 8 or 9 grams and would take up only one-half of a tablespoon. This lack of brain power means there is no such thing as a "nice alligator". If it's hungry, an alligator will eat anything that moves.

Last edited:
Their armor protects them from UV radiation - no sun screen required! The same can be said for cockroaches and most other insects.
Gaters and crocks can bury themselves in mud and stay alive until the rain refills the mud hole just like frogs.

Walmart has a lower acceptance rate than Harvard.
Harvard might be hard to get into with a 4.5 percent admittance rate, but try this on for size: only 2.6 percent of Walmart applicants are accepted. How ’bout them apples? Now, we realize that this comparison isn’t exactly flawless, but you have to admit that it’s a funny fact.

Do you feel fast today?

I mean REALLY fast?

You should.
Did you know that right now you are moving at over 66,000 miles per hour?:eek:

Unusual fact:
The earth (and all of us) travel in a circular orbital path around the sun once a year, (every 365.25 days).
Earth is 92,955,807 (average) miles from the sun.
The length of the orbital path is calculated by multiplying the radius times two and multiplying that times Pi.
92,955,807 * 2 =185,911,614. That multiplied times Pi = 584,058,560 miles in the orbital path.
It takes us one year to make a lap. 365.25 * 24 hours = 8766 hours to travel around the path.

Divide the number of miles in the path by the number of hours in a year gives you the velocity of the earth (and all of us:eek:) in miles per hour thru space:
Traveling 584,058,560 miles in 8766 hours = 66,627.7 miles per hour.

And you thought you were having a slow day:D

Last edited:
Add or subtract the rotational speed of the earth at 1000 mph and the speed of our solar system around the galaxy at 515,000 mph and you get a feel for how fast you are moving all the time.
My head is full of stuff like that o_O:rolleyes:

Add or subtract the rotational speed of the earth at 1000 mph and the speed of our solar system around the galaxy at 515,000 mph and you get a feel for how fast you are moving all the time.
My head is full of stuff like that o_O:rolleyes:
Kinda makes the cop with the radar gun look a little silly: "You were going 10 miles-per-hour too fast!"
assspank.gif
lol.gif

Edit: And he's right, people near the equator actually speed up and slow down by about 1,000 miles per hour every 24-hours. No wonder they get seasick:D.

Last edited:
Yes, well Einstein said that space and time are relative so if the time over a distance of space is measurable then that is the speed traveled in that situation. Speeds beyond the speed of light are not measurable.
The bottom line is; You need a FASTER car.

Latest posts

Back