What’s for dinner 2024

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friends took us out to eat.

Attachments

• 20240309_191025.jpg
    20240309_191025.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Munching on some beef jerkey. Made 2 gallon size zip locks full yesterday in dehydrator. I only added pepper and pink Himalayan salt to the meat. It's good! Had a rib eye and eggs over easy around noonish today, so not really hungry. Larry been eating/snacking on his usual junk/**** food all day. I'm not cooking tonight!

Took a neighbor to a Dr appointment. He wanted to go eat a a local greasy spoon. Don’t get me wrong the food is good and plentiful. I like patronizing this place . The guy weighs less than 100lbs and used to wrestle 197 in college. He out ate me. Hope he survive the surgery

Wife had another Doc buy lunch for her birthday, she was stuffed midafternoon like i was.

Looks like the cupcakes they got her for dinner

I'll ask again: Have they eaten Sean Penn yet? Oh, I think he likely traipsed his happy arse back to California...so I guess not...haven't seen obituary posted on X as of yet. But pretty sure his so called charity got eaten alive! What a "crock pot" Full of $#!+!

Fresh hungarian bread and red wine, fresh swiss mountain cheese, fresh german liverwurst, a shot of french cognac made from red wine. Nananananana
My wife found a partial bottle of cognac yesterday that's been hiding for a few years at the back of the shelf. That was some awesome cognac, she let me have a sip and then slowly polished off the rest of the bottle, LOL. I never understood the big deal about cognac before - I never had any like this - this was quite a revelation!

P.S. If it's made from red wine, I don't believe it can legally be called cognac, which has to be made from specific white grape varieties grown near Cognac, France. It gets it's color from aging in oak.

P.S. If it's made from red wine, I don't believe it can legally be called cognac, which has to be made from specific white grape varieties grown near Cognac, France. It gets it's color from aging in oak.
Well, if I can believe what is written on the bottle...here is a german video of a nerd testing different types of drinks and if you skip to about the 30 second mark, he holds up a bottle of my Chantré Rouge.
No matter, tastes great and is smooth.

Well, if I can believe what is written on the bottle...here is a german video of a nerd testing different types of drinks and if you skip to about the 30 second mark, he holds up a bottle of my Chantré Rouge.
I believe you that it is really good brandy (Weinbrand), but...
Does it say "cognac" ("Kognac") anywhere on the bottle? Because that would be illegal.

I had the standard Corned beef and Cabbage. Only difference was I didn’t cook it.
She cooked it for about 5hrs rather than my 3 1/2. One of the best pieces of Corned beef ever.
Top it off with the Guinness before and the Jamison now, It’s been an Irish day.

Latest posts

Back