What’s for dinner 2024

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a video from one of my favorite chefs. He did a video on Hoover Stew from the depression.
Pretty Simple, what you have.
Lb of Hamburg, can of kidney beans, 2 cans of tomatoes, cup of elbows and limited spices.
Turned out really good.

IMG_1063.jpeg

I am so done with fast food/chain restaurants after the new Kommunist Republik $20hr law for FF restaurants.
Went to a greasy spoon, had a $40 dollar bill. Left her a $20 tip, she took care of us for an hour, so we figured she should get what MickyD employees get.
We don’t go out that often, but I would rather go to that greasy spoon and make a difference for them than a FF employee.

Helena took out chicken gizzards, but since they take longer to get soft enough to eat and she was busted tired for having to take her brother to the hospital with a stroke, I ground it all into "hamburger" style and we made spagetti....better than we expected and fast.

Threw beef roast in crock pot w veggies. Didn't have it in me to cube it up for a 3rd batch of canning today. I had chopped too Many veggies for my canning, so used some in crock pot w roast, had 1 chicken breast left over, threw it in a pot w remaining veggies. I'll thicken the liquid up a little in both so Larry can have whichever he wants or both. I'm about chicken, veggie and beefed out this weekend! I probably won't eat a bite of any of it.🤪

My FAVORITE sandwich! Any time I eat at a restaurant that has muffalettas, that's what I order.

Whenever I am in N'Owleans, I try to make it to Central Grocery at least once and get an original.

You should make your own. The bread freezes well.

Latest posts

Back