What’s for dinner 2024

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't get muffaletta bread here. Without muffaletta bread, it's just a ham sandwich. I have tried making it on other kinds of bread but it just wasn't the same.

Get the bread delivered, then freeze it. I wonder if whole foods has it? Find a bakery that can make it?

I checked on getting it delivered. Nobody can guarantee a delivery date right now. There are two restaurants in town that sell them, but one is not authentic (it's a pannini that doesn't taste anything like a real muffaletta). By the time I pay for overnight shipping from somewhere, the bread will be more than buying one in a restaurant.

No real bakeries here.

I live in a culinary wasteland. :rolleyes:

I made hibachi rice, chicken and vegetables

Attachments

• 20240513_183323.jpg
    20240513_183323.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
I don't like sweet potato pie, either, but I like pumpkin pie.
They put some weird garbage on the freezer cut sweet potato fries, so I do my own from sweet potatoes. I just peel them, slice them like steak fries, put them on a pan with olive oil, sprinkle a pinch of garlic salt and bake them. The amish grocery in my neck of the woods always has a good amount of sweet potatoes all year long. I never plant enough to last all year.

That restaurant sells a whole muffaletta for less the twice the price of a quarter muffaletta. So if I buy a whole muffaletta and have them package up half of it to go, it's like getting a half muffaletta to go for free.
I now can eat muffaletta at home for lunch for the next two days! 😋
Kinda makes up for having to drive across town...

I had 2 large chicken legs left over from canning today, threw them in pot w the broth I had left, then shred the meat up, threw it all together with some yellow rice cooked in broth......topped it off w fresh green onions from container pot outside back kitchen porch...was actually pretty good! Broth made the dish...nice roasted chicken flavor w herbs.

So sorry Gary about BIL...waiting any day on my ex BIL to pass on...was like a brother to me...thoughts/prayer to you, wife n family...pizza and coffee are good for the soul! Right? Right! 😊

Thought I’d share a picture of my latest boule of Sourdough Bread I finished off baking this morning. While I’ve always loved to bake, I was not into making sourdough bread…until more recently. It is an art and science. Challenging and fun…not to mention freaking awesome to eat! 😋

View attachment 150586
Just asking a question?
How come you do the "Rustic style of sourdough bread?
Maybe I'll try it soon.
How many loaves do you make in a week?
The reason I'm asking I make sourdough bread also.

Latest posts

Back