What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annnnd...We're Back from OCNJ !!!

So, Unpacking and Laundry...

Deciding on dinner...

...and having a brewski to unwind after the 2 hour ride home.

Today I'm sitting at home watching our "bomb cyclone" (blizzard) from warm inside. Warm-ish, that is. Power was out for a few hours, just now came back on so furnace started up again. Now quickly trying to charge cellphone, other electronic devices, cook lunch, make a cup of coffee, heat the house to "super roasty" (to hold us over if power goes out again). Practiced some piano while power was out. Usually I work on the digital, but today had to use the acoustic (I used to have battery backup for the digital, but the batteries crapped out and I never got around to replacing the backup power supply). I think the acoustic needs a tune pretty badly. Been a while since I played it, didn't realize how out of tune it had gotten until now. Charging the Kindle also, to make sure it has full battery in case we end up in the dark again and I want to read. Those Kindles last so long on a charge that I don't check mine very often - even if it's down to 1/4 battery, that's still good for several weeks. But I'm charging it now, and also my portable USB power bank. Just in case!

Went to the beer distributor...and found they don't carry Allagash Brewing Company beers...so, I placed an order for some... then picked up some Yuengling Lager to hold me over...

Also picked up a Roast Beef Hoagie for lunch...Primo's of South Philly fame. The rolls are what make it...

After lunch I hosed off the Jeep...as it needed it.

Then...signed on to my favorite forum !!

Woke up this morning and watched the finale of Gold Rush and Gold Rush Whitewater that I had recorded.
When the wife got up, we took the dogs for a walk and then I took her to lunch for BBQ.
Now just hanging out at the house.

Finishing my 2nd beer...and when I done here...

Gonna watch a Netflix movie called " Triple Frontier "...

Looks like good action flick...

{ and :pee:Samuel L. Jackson... AIN'T in it !! }

We woke up and had a nice breakfast of Fried Maple Ham & Eggs with Home Fries, OJ, and Coffee.

Our Daughter will be stopping by later for a traditional Irish dinner of Ham & Cabbage...

Then we may head down to the local public house for a brew or two...

KiAaiGO.gif

Boring day for me. I worked from 8am to 8pm.

The wife picked me up from work and took me to dinner at Olive Garden. It was a nice dinner.

Met with the plumber this morning for low water pressure problems. Come to find out is was bad aerator valve. Problem solved.
Now at work waiting for the crazy to start.

Good morning gang.
IT’S HAPPY FRIDAY YA’ll
I have the day off today but it will be full of errands and meeting with the hotel staff and careering department for our annual convention/competition coming up next month.

Busy morning...made coffee and bagels with crème cheese.

Went food shopping, then went to Home Depot.

Then drilled and installed the new pulls I bought on the kitchen cabinet doors and drawers.

Made and ate lunch...and put away the drill and tools, and cleaned up the work bench.

Then finally made the time to log on here...

:rolleyes:

Heading down the local VFW later on...

Going to play pool with the vets and listen to the Rockabilly band they have scheduled later on.

The Greasers and Gals who follow this band around dress the part and dance like the devil... it's a sight to behold.

p7z4qTI.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...let's see:

Made breakfast for the wife and I...

Went outside and hosed down the Jeep and her CRV...then she went to meet her friends...going to a show then dinner.

That leaves me here...so, I went back outside and policed the area...gathering enuff kindling to start a major camp fire.

After that...moved all the fallen leaves around with the blower...to be bagged tomorrow.

Made lunch...and ate that on the deck...with a beer.

Then decided to come in and log on here.

Not sure what's for dinner...but, I probably won't cook.

:rolleyes:

Worked 10 hours today. It was good but exhausting.
Now watching my Sooners play Virginia in March Madness. We are not doing so good. Lol

Meeting again with the Hotel staff this morning. Trying to everything settled for our annual convention/competition. The hotel is sold out so we have to set our overflow hotel this morning as well

So far we have 1300 entries, large judging staff and a huge volunteer staff. We are a little down from last year but still 4 weeks out.

Then back to studio for a long day of work.

Back