What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
58” in the living room, 45” in the dogs room (aka the den, he’s allowed on that couch), and 3 32’s in the each of the bedrooms.

I made it home safe and sound from my work weekend in Dallas, TX. And with no speeding tickets. 90 mph all the way home.

Well since it stared snowing last night and it is suppose to continue through this afternoon, I won't be doing much of all today.
I do have to pick up the grandson from school later this afternoon. Hopefully the snow will be over by then.

Woke up and washed the Jeep...

Went food shopping...

Still online shopping for a Smart UHD TV...

Getting a ingrown toenail cut. Waiting for delivery of a scout rail for my 1895 Marlin 45/70. I like Sharp TV'S. 70 inch Mitsubishi in the living room, 43 inch Sharp in bedroom.

Still looking online for a 4K UHD TV...

Found nuthin' I like yet...

Occasionally us old-timers get 'schooled' by the younger generation.
When I got my 2 Samsungs, they kept going on and on about them being "smart" TV's.
huh.gif

Since everybody uses a separate cable or satellite tuner, how smart does it have to be?
It's just a monitor with speakers, right?
Well if you have fast internet and WiFi, after you get it set up, you find your satellite/cable is just one of many sources to choose from:eek:.
For me, I have 11 more sources to choose from, and some of them are free! YouTube is one of my faves and TVplus has several channels.
Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime video, Google Play are among subscription services, each one with tons of channels, that are just one click of the remote away.
I know, I'm sounding like a millennial:rolleyes:, but you no longer have to try to survive on just crap cable any more:great:.
You'll be wondering why you didn't take that plasma out and shoot it sooner.
(I know, that's blasphemy:assspank:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Since everybody uses a separate cable or satellite tuner, how smart does it have to be? It's just a monitor with speakers, right?
For me, I have 11 more sources to choose from, and some of them are free! YouTube is one of my faves and TVplus has several channels. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime video, Google Play are among subscription services, each one with tons of channels, that are just one click of the remote away. I know, I'm sounding like a millennial:rolleyes:, but you no longer have to try to survive on just crap cable any more. You'll be wondering why you didn't take that plasma out and shoot it sooner.

The 1080p HD Hitachi Plasma was a smart TV...way ahead of it's time...all sorts of ports to plug in my Canon XTi EOS Rebel Camera...external drives, memory sticks, JBL speakers, Xbox...you name it. Top of the line back in the day... 18 years ago !!

:D

We have the Xfinity bundle for Cable, DVR, WiFi, and Phone...all kinds of Apps...as well as an external DvD player...and a working VCR.

:rolleyes:

( Screw FIos and Dish Satellite ) :bang Head:

Thanks for the input, but I got all that tech crap more than covered.

Basically...for me, it's just an upgrade to what's available today in screen size & picture quality...

4K UHD (Ultra High Def ) = 2160p

2160p is an alternative name for 4K UHD, a resolution supported by UHDTV products... which offers four times the definition of 1080p.

The number 2160 stands for a display resolution which has 2160 pixels along the shortest side, while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced.

Yea...I got this !! :cool:

It's just a matter of which one has the most bang for MY Buck.

:smilie flag:

It's just a matter of which one has the most bang for MY Buck.

:smilie flag:
You picked a perfect time to shop!:woo hoo:
Sale prices good thru 11-26-18, Costco.com :
costco.JPG

And the good Samsungs are on sale! :green man:[#Nudge]
Edit: Just remember NPR ...(never pay retail:D)

Finished putting the partition in Izzy's dog house,put everything up from making them and from moving stuff out of the way when we moved the corn furnace out of the garage and later I'll finish getting my gear ready for tomorrow's opening of deer firearms season.......Man that was a mouthful,now I've got to catch my breath :lol:

Stretched out the winch cable on the Silver Jeep and rewound it while spraying silicone on it for winter protection

a silver jeep a.jpg

I went to the range for a bit this afternoon. Took our my CC G19.5 RMR and the S&W 357 wheel gun. It was a fun afternoon.

Believe it or not...Thanksgiving Dinner with my Daughter and her Fiancé.

With everyone expected to be here and there on the actual day...we sometimes have to schedule a intimate gathering.

Turkey is already in the oven...and I already peeled the 'taters and snapped the green beans. Dinner will be at 4.

Pretty much working all day. UGH!
On a Sunday???
overreaction110.gif

You're supposed to be watching bad NFL football on the TV and drinking Bud Light until it looks good.
Dilly Dilly!!!
Toast.gif

Believe it or not...Thanksgiving Dinner with my Daughter and her Fiancé.

With everyone expected to be here and there on the actual day...we sometimes have to schedule a intimate gathering.

Turkey is already in the oven...and I already peeled the 'taters and snapped the green beans. Dinner will be at 4.

I totally get that. Our daughters are both out on their own doing their own thing life and career-wise now. The oldest is a Nurse Practicioner, and the middle one is a lawyer. The boy’s the only one still at home, but that’s just until he graduates with his PhD in computer science come the spring. (Yes I’m broke but unbelievably proud). We’ve been moving holidays for a while now. The celebration is when you have your family, at our age, your children around you! Good for you Kev!

(Yes I’m broke but unbelievably proud).
You'll find out it is the best money you ever spent.
Like any good investment, it takes a long time to begin to pay off.
...but when it does, it is priceless!!!:green man:

Latest posts

Back