What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, my "boy," which is to say, may youngest, who is nonetheless 21, is home from college and living at home. He struggled last semester in college, so instead of going back to school this Spring, he got his prior employer to bring him on for an 8 month, full time co-op. Totally great plan for the Spring and Summer. He now gets up in the morning like we do, and goes to work, and then has dinner with us every night. Kind of fun to have a "kid" in the house who is a working man, with stories from the job site every night.

But, his buddies are all in college still, and they "game" all the time. So, during his free time, he's almost always in his room with the headset on, gaming...which kind of drives me crazy, just because it is not my thing. I realize it is how their generation socializes, but to me it is extremely unhealthy...at that age, I would have been out looking to meet girls every chance I could.

Anyway, today was a beautiful day, if a bit chilly, but that never bothers me. I set up on our deck with a cheese and cracker plate, and a glass of white wine...and I invited him to join me. Lo and behold, he came out of his dungeon, and he joined me on the deck. I grilled some bratwurst and hotdogs, and he and I chatted the whole time, sipping the wine. Great father-son time.

We moved in to the dinner table to have dinner with my wife, and he brought the wine bottle to the table and asked if it was ok, and I said, "Of course." So, over the course of dinner, we finished of the bottle. He was still going strong, showing every intention of sitting at the table and continuing to talk with us (he's usually the first one to jump up to clean his plate and leave), so I got the nod from the wife, and I opened up a second bottle.

So, what are we drinking? White wine (white Bordeaux, and then a New Zealand sauvignon blanc). Funny to see him let loose a bit with us...on a Sunday night, no less. He's usually a very reserved kid. Hopefully he'll be able to get up for work tomorrow....

Maybe we can do this on a Saturday night next time. That would probably be a bit smarter.

My son and I try to get together for adult beverages, too. He showed up last week with this. Decided to have one while cooking dinner tonight. Good if you like sours.
IMG_2865.jpeg

I drink tons of water ... either from the filtered fridge, or bottled. I always like to have Limeade on hand as well. Then there is tea ... have like a dozen different brands. Also have an occasional beer. Lastly, I have quite a collection of Whiskeys, Bourbons, and Scotches.

But without question, WATER, first and foremost.

Just finished making another week of dog food.

5 pounds of chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, mixed veggies, chicken broth, and turkey gravy (expiring can left over from Thanksgiving). Of course we'll add Nutro dry food to it.

I presume they will devour it. Will let ya know!

Latest posts

Back