What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I'm having a chilled bottle of sweet red and a devil weed cigar to celebrate cheating the world out of another year of existing.

Christmas will be a proprietary concoction I call snake bite and tonic,
New years is back to good old tequila OR vodka/lemonade shooters.

Last edited:
In honor of our arctic weather i hung out at the local roadhouse drinking some Yukon Jack.

Actually I made about $80 worth of wire horses while I was relaxing.
1671702518955.png

Me, this magnum of barefoot red blend and 4 kings cigars. friggin' paradise!
Now for a bong hit or three and I'm a toasty, roasty hermit!

I make eggnog with milk, eggs, sugar,vanilla extract, and heavy cream.
I may have used a recipe many years ago but I build it by taste now. I have had it with rum but that was a long time ago. I too, cut it with milk unless I have it over oatmeal and blue berries.

How do you make egg nogg anyway? I used to love the stuff cut with milk.
I haven't made any egg nog in decades. Royal Crest dairy makes some goo egg nog around here. I pour half a glass of egg nog, and then top it off with Sprite or 7-up. I don't drink alcohol, but I do know that egg nog is good to mix with some flavors of alcohol.

I used to always buy just whatever egg nog I saw in the store. It was typically from the closest store to me, Safeway. A friend went on a long post about how Lucerne egg nog was what she always drank until she tried some Royal Crest, and Royal Crest will be the maker of all of her future egg nog. So, I decided to do an experiment. While I was out shopping in various stores this week, I decided to buy some of every kind I could find. Now, not gallons of egg nog, but smaller cartons, just to experiment with. The winner? Royal Crest!

I started with beer, but now I'm drinking some of my homemade hard apple cider... and it's pretty darned tasty! But my writing will suffer, so I'm gonna leave my 'Road Safety' thread as it is for now, it's almost time to watch two of my favorite holiday movies! The first will be 'IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE' with Jimmy Stewart, then it's 'A CHRISTMAS CAROL' with George C. Scott, IMHO he's the best Scrooge EVER, lol. Gonna log out now, y'all have a wonderful Christmas Eve! :)

A word to the wise: AVOID DISCUSSING POLITICS WITH LEFTIST LIBTARDS DURING THE HOLIDAYS!!! ;)

No point in ruining your good holiday dinners, the idiot libtards don't give a damn about holiday traditions... :(

Moonshine egg nog or strawberry moonshine, I can't decide.

Chai with soda water and cream. I have a jar of chai that I made that looks similar to the lavender simple syrup. I got them mixed up. The chai is unsweetened, so the offset of the soda water is different. It is okay, but I prefer my chai warmed and served with milk, and my French/Italian soda's sweetened a little and with cream.

Drank some of that busthead hard apple cider yesterday, so I'm moving slowly today, lol... boy, that cider really creeps up on ya and does a number on yer brain! Once it kicks in, say hello to Mickey Finn... :oops:

Friday night.

Wife is having a Coors Light (instead of her usual Bud Light).

I'm having a glass of Spanish Rioja.

Yes, that is the biggest way I waste money...on wine. It is more expensive than mainstream American beer. But, you can get some pretty reasonably priced, decent wine from Spain...totally underrated wine region, so there are bargains to be had. Rioja region is a safe place to start...if it says "Rioja" on the bottle, it can't be bad, IMO...at equal price points, I'd probably take a Rioja over a California Cabernet, and I like Cabernet's. Look for the tempranillo grape. Garnacha's are also good.

Opened the bottle last night, and had a glass, and I thought, "hmmm." It wasn't doing it for me. Poured a glass tonight, and it is top notch. It just needed to breathe. ... Or, maybe it is just that Friday night wine tastes better than Thursday night wine. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back