What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I had wings, a small salad and sweetcorn.

wings and corn sm.JPG

Fired up the grill and cranked out some Kielbasa Foil Packs.

Kielbasa, Red Potatoes, Onion, Green Peppers, Broccoli, Baby Carrots, and Snap Peas.

View attachment 44477

View attachment 44478

So good! Already demolished 3 of them all by myself, lol.
Why don't I ever do that, its always so good!!

Yum! We do this often only we add a big ground beef patty to the middle (but leave in the sausage) and replace the potato with zucchini. In fact it's on the menu for Wednesday this week.

I made what I call Daddy's Recipe

It was something he made when I was growing up and I've tried to make like his but it never comes out like it lol
But it is good what I do make.

It had ground beef, pork and beans and cooked macaroni and probably some other things which I'm not remembering as I was just a kid when he made it and didn't pay attention

I've added chopped onions and minced garlic and chopped tomatoes ( get a veggie in there ya know)

Ham, scalloped potatoes, peas, green salad, fruit plate. Made a cherry platz for dessert, and we'll have it with ice cream. Was going to make a cherry pie, but packed my pie pans already.
I have never had platz in any version, but have been a follower of this blog for a long time. They have some posts about platz. Mennonite Girls Can Cook

Yep! That's my platz recipe, Weedy. I double it, make a big sheet pan of it, add 3 cans of cherry pie filling, and slices of cream cheese, too, under the topping. Cook for a little longer than what it says. Tastes better the second day for some reason, and good with vanilla ice cream, or just cream in a bowl.

Latest posts

Back