What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good Weedy, I'd like to have some egg rolls and pepper steak.
I love egg rolls! I looked at Costco for a package of them to heat up for meals. No luck. My preference for other Chinese foods changes. I used to love fried rice and made it fairly frequently. I used to make won ton fairly frequently, including won ton soup. I've made pepper steak, and many others. When I got rid of so many cookbooks (I had 100's, down to about a dozen), I kept my one big Chinese cook book.

I love egg rolls! I looked at Costco for a package of them to heat up for meals. No luck. My preference for other Chinese foods changes. I used to love fried rice and made it fairly frequently. I used to make won ton fairly frequently, including won ton soup. I've made pepper steak, and many others. When I got rid of so many cookbooks (I had 100's, down to about a dozen), I kept my one big Chinese cook book.

I saw eggrollwraps in Publix store at the beach a month ago,they are easy to use long as you don't get the rice wraps. :ghostly:. Notsure now if the stores have them since things are getting short supply in some places.

I saw eggrollwraps in Publix store at the beach a month ago,they are easy to use long as you don't get the rice wraps. :ghostly:. Notsure now if the stores have them since things are getting short supply in some places.
They are easy to find in the stores. I have some and some egg roll wrappers in the fridge. I haven't had much luck making egg rolls with rice wraps. They don't breathe when fried, they explode.

Now you are making me hungry for Chinese food, Weedy and Meer. Haven't had it since we saw you last time, Weedy. My uncle Melvin says all the chinese places here have food made from cats. But all the old guys say that. I am roasting a whole chicken, making corn on the cob, some spinach, cantaloupe, and some bread rolls I bought at the Amish bulk store.

A little grocery store in town has a great butcher shop. This week I got the end cuts off the Prime rib. They have them sometimes and I always buy them. The little steaks are odd shaped and not a uniform thickness, But!!! I can get ribeye steaks like these for $3 ea.

Last night was cornbread muffins, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and a nice little ribeye. It was rainy out so I pan fried the steak. The gas stove I bought last spring has one eye that is 17K btu's. the big eye on most stoves is 12K btu's. This large eye is great for putting a sear on any piece of meat and perfect for cooking a rare or med-rare steak.

Ribeye.JPG

Latest posts

Back