What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monthly fish fry night at the volunteer fire dept. Picked up plates for everyone, peaches for dessert. They were skimpy with the fries and the catfish fillets are usually larger, extra smalls must have been all they could get. I've been having trouble finding catfish fillets for several months now unless I want to buy 25lb boxes.

Fish Frya.JPG

Last edited:
We had guests over tonight which is kind of rare for us. We were cooking and entertaining so I didn't get a photo but it was a beautiful meal. We made 8 oz fillets with shrimp skewers, baked potatoes, asparagus, corn on the cob and homemade yeast rolls. I made a blueberry pie while my wife was cleaning this morning to serve for dessert that I was really proud of.

612 pie.jpg

Homemade pizzas. I am making the dough in my breadmaker but then K and the girls will be doing the rest. This is Roo's weekly recipe so I figured I'd make the dough since the recipe says to get pre-cooked pizza shells or pre-made dough from the store.

made taco salad yesterday, with the most beautiful huge romaine lettuce I didn't sell at the market ( see food box comment!!) , it was good.
day before I made cabbage casserole with a huge Chinese cabbage I also didn't sell. Today I have to do something with a bag of Kale I had left. Those were the 3 things we had left from Saturday. Any suggestions for the Kale? I dont like Kale chips ( they don't seem to work for me)
I make Kale soup sometimes, but it's too hot for soup.

We had guests over tonight which is kind of rare for us. We were cooking and entertaining so I didn't get a photo but it was a beautiful meal. We made 8 oz fillets with shrimp skewers, baked potatoes, asparagus, corn on the cob and homemade yeast rolls. I made a blueberry pie while my wife was cleaning this morning to serve for dessert that I was really proud of.

View attachment 68034

you could sell this! Looks good enough

Glazed pork tenderloin, sautéed kohlrabi, baked sweet potato, roasted elephant garlic and a very sweet cantaloupe for dessert.

Kohlrabi. I had to look that one up. I’m not educated on the uncommon veggies. I know all too well how good a sweet cantaloupe is 😋👍

That’s a good idea for me to bring to a family Father’s Day gathering this Saturday. I know just where to find one. The Farm Fresh Market I used to work at was well known for finding & selling top tier cantaloupes, watermelons & tomatoes. I couldn’t believe how much people would pay for good tomatoes!

Latest posts

Back