What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Peanut you said: Haven't had seafood hot n sour soup in a while so I made a small pot last night since I had all the fresh ingredients on hand. Tonight I plan on fixing asian dumplings to go with...
What's in your hot n sour soup?

Here ya go!
Hot and Sour Soup

@Peanut you said: Haven't had seafood hot n sour soup in a while so I made a small pot last night since I had all the fresh ingredients on hand. Tonight I plan on fixing asian dumplings to go with...
What's in your hot n sour soup?
Inquiring minds (and cooks) want to know?!?!

Tonight we are having beef n gravy over egg noodles, the beef is what we pulled off the bones while making beef stock for our canning last weekend... I think we will have pulled beef tacos tomorrow...

The meat from the chicken stock is much easier to deal with, the wife has about half a dozen "chicken based" casserole recipes that freeze really well, but even there we are starting to run out of casserole pans...

Trying to use every morsel of food that you produce while canning takes a bit of planning.....

I had some left over chinese last night so I made a batch of fried rice to go with, yummy. I tend to get fried rice too oily but this batch was much better.

I have a series of recipes I use most often printed out with a very large font so I can read them without glasses while cooking. I went back and rewrote all of them last week refining ingredient amounts.

Cheeseburger, sweet corn on the cob and sliced cucumber mixed up with a little mayo, minced garlic, salt and pepper.

We are working long hours finishing a building, The kid made dinner tonight, Italian sausage and peppers. I have always loved to cook, hell I love to eat and I’ll make sure this kid can cook before he leaves the nest.
0EAFDD7C-1C0F-47F5-837D-3A32EEA70E5A.png
977B8275-490F-480F-92C8-AF66DFF93587.png

Went to visit Mom at the nursing home, then went out for Mexican with my daughter and Pops. This place has always been very good in the past but tonight wasn't up to par. I had Chile Colorado, which was good but not outstanding. My daughter had taquitos, which were fine but the staff never brought her rice and beans even after we pointed out that she hadn't gotten them. Pops had steak fajitas, and the beef was overcooked, and we had to request his rice and beans twice before he got them. It wasn't that busy, the staff just seemed disorganized and distracted. I don't know what was going on in there tonight. I'll give them a pass because the other times I've been there it's been very good. They won't get a second pass though...

Latest posts

Back