What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife made my favorite tonight, Roast, mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy with glazed carrots.

roast.jpg

I actually like KFC, but the wife gets sick at the smell (it's not allowed in the house) back when the kids were still home and the wife had her health, she went on a trip to see her mom for a week. I went to KFC and got 2 of their "BIG" meal deals, the kids and I ate off of it for days, when the wife got home and asked the kids what they wanted to dinner they said in unison,"Anything but Chicken"

It's been so long now I don't even know where a KFC is... but I have finally learned how to make BBQed Chicken on the Grill without burning it....

You missed out on the good stuff!!!
Fish, yes. Liver not so much. My grandpa was a big fan of liver & onions for some reason. I could never get into it.

But good fish is a different story. Nothing beats crappie or walleye, beer battered and deep fried. I could founder on that stuff.

I just had some butterfly shrimp. Hadn't had that in a while, and I forgot how much I love it!

Tonight we had a home made rice-a-roni type dish with vegetables, the wife used chunk turkey that I had canned a year ago, she has been hesitant to use the home canned food, but after the successful Sloppy Joe and Canned Meat Loaf she decided to use the turkey, she cooked the rice in the juice and then added the meat while browning the rice/roni mixture. The results were very good and she is now busy making lists of things I can can...... ;)

Latest posts

Back