What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least you do a cheat night, Hashbrown. Husband had me cook a diet meal to bring to cousin's last night, a ground turkey goulash thing, no salt, no high carb veggies. No one ate it of course, and he wondered why. Ha Ha. He ate it, and then ate everything else, so I don't know why I bothered. I always bring a side dish, but I'd rather bring something everyone likes. He should do a cheat night, too. Actually he did.

Well Ima gonna experiment on the wife again with a different recipe for chicken enchilada, creamy re fried beans and Spanish rice.

Posole made with red chiles daughter's boyfriend made this week. Daughter and her boy friend do some excellent cooking and always offer me something to take home when I go there. They are in the make a big pot and freeze meals mode, like I am. The freezer/microwave/dishwasher containers I bought are getting a good workout by all of us, including people who are getting a meal to go. We can rotate meals, have a meal ready when we need something to eat in the freezer, save a meal for someone, package up a meal to go for someone.
I use those for my freezer meals quite a bit.
I also use smaller ones too.
But I'm pretty sure I didn't buy them on Amazon.
Thinking I got them Black Friday at Wal*Mart for $4 each set got 3 sets of 40.

Groundhog Stew, recipe. This recipe is best on a sunny day in early February.
Dice 1 pound of bacon and heat in the bottom of a 12 quart Dutch Oven, or large crock pot for you city folk, while preparing the ingredients, you want the bacon cooked but not crispy.
Cut freshly killed groundhog into pieces about 3/4" square.
Stir the bacon and layer sliced onion, cubed potatoes, and diced carrots, in bottom of the 12 quart Dutch Oven, or large crock pot if you are city folk.
Add the groundhog meat.
Add salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic, basil, rosemary, bay leaves, thyme, and crushed red peppers.
Add 1 cup water, or red wine if you are city folk.
Place the lid on the Dutch Oven and maintain 11 coals on the bottom and 17 coals on the top for 8 hours, or press ON for you city folk.
Thicken gravy as desired.

No dinner tonight. I'll be on a plane from Houston to Des Moines. I board at 7:50 and land at 10:39 and ive had my fill of airport food for today so im not eating any more. There aren't any grocery stores open past 11pm since covid started so I can't stop and buy groceries on thebway home. So, if I have enough energy to eat when I get home, it'll probably be canned soup...

Homemade ground turkey and cabbage egg rolls.

E549951C-6C9B-4F7D-B771-C209A926F32A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back