What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No dinner tonight. I'll be on a plane from Houston to Des Moines. I board at 7:50 and land at 10:39 and ive had my fill of airport food for today so im not eating any more. There aren't any grocery stores open past 11pm since covid started so I can't stop and buy groceries on thebway home. So, if I have enough energy to eat when I get home, it'll probably be canned soup...

That was something I didn't like about traveling for work. All I could keep in the house was a few can goods. If I bought some good deli meats for sandwiches they might be growing fur by the time I got back home.

Who are you people? Like four of ya changing your avatar, icon, thing. 😍 More than once in a day.

Okay, I made taco stuff, I took one bite and that was it for me. Have you ever cooked something, then thrown other things together with it, and was like "🤢 that's disgusting">? that was me. Others thought it was fine. I used guacamole and salsa on it, don't know why the taste was off unless it was the onions in the guacamole. I didn't make it, store bought. never again on that. Who puts onions in guacamole? Ugh.

Who are you people? Like four of ya changing your avatar, icon, thing. 😍 More than once in a day.

Okay, I made taco stuff, I took one bite and that was it for me. Have you ever cooked something, then thrown other things together with it, and was like "🤢 that's disgusting">? that was me. Others thought it was fine. I used guacamole and salsa on it, don't know why the taste was off unless it was the onions in the guacamole. I didn't make it, store bought. never again on that. Who puts onions in guacamole? Ugh.
I missed the picture of Peanut's donkey and his horse is named Buddy, so I put up the picture of my donkey named Buddy! I think Phideaux and Spikedriver are having some kind of who takes a better picture contest! And to stay with the thread, I never made spaghetti, we just snacked around and watched a movie!

The kid said he was hungry this morning. 6 egg omelette with ham and cheddar and sourdough toast.

68E683E9-14F0-4A11-8AF2-38F1A5E1D772.jpeg

We've got two eating like that right now. They had eggs and toast this morning, there went a dz eggs. Made chili and cornbread for lunch in the very large crockpot, and there's a small amount left and a couple of cornbread pieces. Little granddaughter and Levi the neighbor don't like chili, they had some chicken and noodles. Tonight is burritos, took a pork loin out of the freezer for it.
Your taster may still be off, LadyL. I put very fine chopped onion and tomato in my guac. We'll have some tonight with chips since we're having burritos

We've got two eating like that right now. They had eggs and toast this morning, there went a dz eggs. Made chili and cornbread for lunch in the very large crockpot, and there's a small amount left and a couple of cornbread pieces. Little granddaughter and Levi the neighbor don't like chili, they had some chicken and noodles. Tonight is burritos, took a pork loin out of the freezer for it.
Your taster may still be off, LadyL. I put very fine chopped onion and tomato in my guac. We'll have some tonight with chips since we're having burritos
We always have onion in our guac

Back