What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fixin' pork loin sauteed in butter, garlic and vidalia onion, candied carrots and small golden taters, probably with a dollop of Daisey..... ;)

Has anyone had one of those Fred Flintstone steaks I see at the butchers.
It has a 2 foot rib bone with a nice steak at the end.
The price looks like something requiring a mortgage.
My Grandson ordered one of those when we took him out for a graduation supper.
It weighed 32 oz. and he ate it all plus everything else from appetizers to dessert.
It cost almost $100 to feed him.

Has anyone had one of those Fred Flintstone steaks I see at the butchers.
It has a 2 foot rib bone with a nice steak at the end.
The price looks like something requiring a mortgage.

Nope, but they look good. All it is, is a ribeye steak still attached to the rib bone.

AKA Tomahawk Steak.

Tonight we had pot roast, the wife used the big cast iron lodge skillet (the big deep one!) and it was awesome! That skillet kept the juice in, and the gravy was great... I think the only bad thing about that skillet is she can't pick it up!

I was imagining using it to make a small venison stew, the way it holds the juices in, I'll bet it would be something.....

Grilled pork chops, baked potatoes and corn on the cob with a beer so cold it hurt your teeth.

62C0AECB-01EB-4D86-B79A-62AAA37701C1.jpeg

Flea market brand, local stuff. :)
It has, just from looking, pimento peppers, red apples, jalapeno peppers, sweet red onions, tomato puree and cabbage in it, and a tiny amount of corn, sugar and vinegar. Some granny in Ellijay makes it.
it has a brown bag paper label and only says "mild" she has hot sauerkraut, regular style chow-chow and some kind of spicy molasses that comes in a liquor bottle with a skull on it. I think its some kind of BBQ sauce, haven't tried it yet.

Flea market brand, local stuff. :)
It has, just from looking, pimento peppers, red apples, jalapeno peppers, sweet red onions, tomato puree and cabbage in it, and a tiny amount of corn, sugar and vinegar. Some granny in Ellijay makes it.
it has a brown bag paper label and only says "mild" she has hot sauerkraut, regular style chow-chow and some kind of spicy molasses that comes in a liquor bottle with a skull on it. I think its some kind of BBQ sauce, haven't tried it yet.
That's the best "brand"! I knew a lady many years back who made different chow chows, wish I had gotten some of her recipes!

Latest posts

Back