What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chow Chow is awesome, I remember that from my "trucking daze"---I used to bring back multiple jars of that stuff as gifts to friends & family. My best friend Tommy whose family owned the surf shop, he told me one time that his pop (who started the surf shop) wanted to personally thank me for bringing some Chow Chow home as a present, lol. Mr. D was like me, he liked his food spicy and varied... good man, Mr. D, I always addressed him that way out of respect. :cool:

Edit: Oh, yeah, for tonight I'm probably going with leftover burrito mix and a side salad... beef burritos this time, not my standard chicken numbers, lol. Still mighty tasty, and I have plenty of guac & sour cream left too... :p

I smoked some baby backs all day!

D025F7E6-45A0-4B2C-A44C-8F3D54F52BAB.jpeg

Lunch is my main meal of the day so I'm having a rare steak topped with big pats of organic grass fed butter.

In the Tippen's Protocol groups I'm a member of it looks like the vegan cult has infiltrated the ALT cancer cure movement.
I have zero interest in being brainwashed.

Beef bone broth and honking great steaks and plently of butter for this gal.

Not hungry yet, this might be one of those rare nights when I skip a meal, lol... got all kinds of good grinds in the fridge, including fresh salad material, beef, chicken, etc., but I gotta be hungry to eat. This beer I'm drinking probably isn't helping my appetite, lol... but I have reason to celebrate, so no worries. Maybe this will be one of those "midnight snack" evenings where I raid the fridge at zero-dark-thirty, lol. I think I'll go read more of my latest C. S. Forester novel (I've worked my way up to COMMODORE HORNBLOWER at this point in the series), then eat later if I get hungry... sounds like a plan. I do have some leftovers which can be quickly reheated, I like leftovers for this very reason, lol. Cheers!!! ;)

A deluxe sink sandwich:
cover one slice of bread with some real mayonnaise like blue plate or Hellman's, don't go there with that miracle whipped stuff! put the bare slice on top!

A layer of tomato.
1 thick slice of lightly grilled tomato.
2 table spoons of pork n beans, lightly drained. salt n pepper to taste.
Let sit at least a minute so the bread soaks up the extra bean juice.
Eat it standing over the sink or a plate sitting down.

Dinner was a turkey bacon, tomato club, extra mayo and chips.

State fair style corn on a stick.
cut cobs into 4" pieces and boil as normal.
Let cool and insert skewer.
In a flat iron griddle melt two tablespoons of butter.
Insert skewered corn and lightly brown it ever so often,
Sprinkle with chili powder and grated Parmesan cheese.

The preferred method:
Lay the cobs out in a metal pan and blast those suckers with a propane torch, set to where there is no soot and holding 10-12 inches off. butter and season.

Tomorrow is vegan Wednesday. Spinach and bean wraps with trailer park ranch dressing.

Trailer park ranch is:
2 parts mayonnaise 1/4 part vinegar, a shot of sour cream, coarse ground black and red pepper, minced onion flakes. pretty much a dollar store delicacy. :p

Latest posts

Back