What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, man, that roast sounds good... I'm doing the bachelor thing tonight, gotta figure out what I'm gonna have while I watch a movie on the 65" curved screen. Got plenty of leftovers and some other stuff too, I'm just tired after a long day so I want dinner to be quick & easy... ;)

Stuffed Round Zucchini Squash!
20220613_151922.jpg

Oh, man, that stuffed zucchini squash looks good! Nothing like a visual for food, lol... I'm not growing any squash here, at least not yet (maybe next year), but I think I'll look up recipes in my mom's cookbook. Plenty of squash & zucchini in the stores, last time I walked through the produce aisle. I love stuffed squash, and I like squash & zucchini by themselves too, with a little butter & seasoning on 'em... dee-licious! :)

Chicken and dumplins made like my Grandma made them. She was from Texas.
The dumplings are flat like a thick noodle not like a biscuit.
Fried potatoes and a slice of sweet onion and a glass of milk.
Before we got married I took my wife to visit both Grandmas and they taught her how to make their best foods.

They look amazing, what is in them?????
I chopped up the insides of the squash plus onion, mushrooms, homemade seasoned salt, hot sausage and some Italian bread crumbs. Sauteed the mixture for a few minutes and stuffed the squash. Baked on 375 for about an hour.

Great breakfast and supper, two of my favorite summer meals. Only thing missing was a big slice of tomato from the garden.

I had bacon, cantaloupe, 1 egg sunny and hashbrowns for brunch. For supper I had an andouille sausage dog with potato salad, cantaloupe and sweetcorn, watermelon for dessert.

food break 02a.JPG
food saus 02a.JPG

Latest posts

Back