What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We went with hot dogs, but didn't have any buns, so we made our own...

20220810_134531.jpg

Not bad. Need to tweak the recipe and bake them on a double stacked bake sheet so the bottoms don't harden.

Have you ever baked corn bread with wieners cut up in it? Just like a corn dog!

Breakfast is a can of poor boy pate` (AKA potted meat) and cheese crackers.

Funny, was deleting old photos from my pc... found old photos of what I ate today. Lunch, at the same restaurant, was chicken fried steak with pepper gravy, field peas with snap beans, fried green tomatoes and cornbread. It was as good as usual!

I had a lite dinner, fried a few of wings and made mashed potatoes.

Food chicken fried steaka.JPG
food wings t  4 .JPG

Dad's buying me a fish plate from the volunteer fire hall for supper. A trade, I bought him a cantaloupe, tomatoes, sweetcorn, a watermelon and a lb ea of muscadines and scuppernongs. He and I both look forward to the muscadines every year. The last 3 years have been very bad. This year is extra bad so I just buy a few to eat. I have several dozen muscadine vines here on the farm. I doubt I could pick a big bowl of muscadines from all of them together. That drought in June ruined them...

Musca 22 a.JPG

We had sushi tonight, my fav is their Godzilla roll which is smoked salmon, cream cheese, avocado and jalapeno, all deep fried with spicy mayo and eel sauce on top. Soooo good. Mmmmm...

Bad tired today so I opened a can of chili. It wasn't that bad after I stirred in some fresh oregano, basil, korean garlic paste, sour cream and topped with a handful of diced onion.

The can of chili was about to expire, van camps. It had a lot of corn starch or some other commercial thickener, had that sheen. But... the base flavor wasn't bad.

Back