What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know it, and so much easier to heat and cool! a 10X20 room, less if I curtained off the head. my power bill used to be 50$ before Biden wrecked everything.

You know it, and so much easier to heat and cool! a 10X20 room, less if I curtained off the head. my power bill used to be 50$ before Biden wrecked everything.
Yeah our space rent right now is $580/mo which is one of the cheaper ones around town, includes water and sewer, our power was $90 last month and that was with the ac running non stop. Used to be about half of that

I got that beat at least. my rent is a hundred bucks a month plus utilities and dumpster. Before things went nuts I didn't have to mess with the water and dumpster.

I got that beat at least. my rent is a hundred bucks a month plus utilities and dumpster. Before things went nuts I didn't have to mess with the water and dumpster.
Wow yeah we could never find that here
Once we move out to the property it will be free and off grid, solar/wind and septic + well. It’s just paying all this stuff up front.

I diddn't even pay that when I lived at my bud's wood lot, all I had to do was watch his stash and keep out poachers. I crammed in so much gear it was nuts!

FF8ED021-62D4-4D5D-9AB3-684B586E2BC4.jpeg
54BFFC8D-13D8-4B61-A5F4-A6EF94FC0F9D.jpeg

Steak and my favorite summer salad.

That’s a great deal!
I'm tempted to go back, but my relatives have been ill since the covid vaccines, so I'm obliged to stay. I came back during the election, I was expecting trouble.

I cooked a turkey breast on Monday, had it for dinner, and some sandwiches. Using it up tonight in a pot pie, with cabbage, spuds and butternut squash.
White choc and raspberry pound cake for supper; new recipe I tried out. Love this site Jane's Patisserie | Bestselling Bakery Recipes

I made a frittata tonight. Came out nicely - a very satisfying dinner (I like breakfast foods any time of day). Cast iron skillets are great for cooking these things. It was loaded with scrumptious veges, but those all kind of hunkered down there under the egg/cream mix and aren't visible much. Sauteed onions, mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, smoked ham, gruyere and white cheddar cheeses. A little salt and pepper mixed in, and some hot sauce sprinkled on top at the table.

frittata.jpg

Latest posts

Back