What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mexican goulosh!! Taco meat, red beans, rotel, green chili's, rice. With cornbread.
Yeah, Yeah, I know, my dinner invite got lost by the post office, it's probably stuck to 22 lbs of cat food.

Spaghetti it shall be :)

It was supposed to be pork and apple pie, but after two rounds of canning and having to whip up lunch between them and make a run to the store because I was out of brown mustard seeds and make pie crust and CHILL pie crust and that wasn’t done until 5 …

we ended up at The Rock and it was fish tacos for me. Whoops.

Pork and apple pie tomorrow.

I'm using up some items I bought before lock down from 'the stash', as well as homegrown. So in the slow cooker, I threw fried bacon bits, onions and garlic, and chopped tomatoes with a tub of passata some stock and a tin of taco beans. Later on I'll add a packet of gnocchi and with some bread rolls it'll feed whoever comes in when. Whatever's left will be frozen for a warm lunch one day.

Dinner at my favorite cousin's house tonight. I had left her five whole chickens and a bunch of livers from our butchering last Friday. So she made cornflake breaded baked chicken, liver and onions. Another cousin brought corn casserole, I brought scalloped potatoes. Her daughter made fresh bread rolls. We had tollhouse cookie bars and ice cream for dessert. Husband was feeling out of sorts, so he stayed home, and little granddaughter and I went. Brought him home a big plate which he finished off.

I picked up pork butt in town so I'm have bbq pork sandwiches for dinner.

I gave myself a treat for lunch. I deep fried a hotdog wrapped in thick slice bacon... yummy.

food hotdoga.JPG

Salmon on the grill with lemon
Avocado Cesar salad
Sourdough bread with oil and balsamic vinegar
Chardonnay
Who said you can’t eat well whilst living in a RV!? 😆
E04CBF28-5F99-4402-A45A-8BF1A68FC6B1.jpeg

Latest posts

Back