What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think tomorrow, I'll make a little strawberry ice cream. We grill some pork chops or something. We'll sit out and watch the fireworks in the distance. The neighborhood will be pretty noisy I'm sure. Our grand kids may come, but I think they have other plans.

Yesterday I made bbq ribs. I only had 2 white potatoes left so I used those and big sweet potato and made steak fries out of them ( did those in the oven)

Today we'll finish off the ribs and I'm making fried corn to go with it ( sweet corn kernels,sweet peppers and onions) along with some baked beans

Today I smoked a pack of dogs on the grill with pecan wood. I pulled a ear of sweetcorn from the garden. Yesterday my cousin brought me a watermelon from her garden so I had a slice for desert.

Dogs n Corn.jpg

I'm still not tired of fresh sweet corn, almost every meal. I'm swapping out hotdogs with fresh tomato sandwiches, every other. I just wish the okra was ready, it'd make a great side dish.

I'm craving okra and fried green tomatoes. An Amish farmer is supposed to be bringing me some tomorrow at the farmers market!.

Latest posts

Back