What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0712181735.jpg

Catfish, hushpuppies, squash casserole, fresh tomatoes.

What's your recipe for zucchini pie?
Too long of a day for me at work. We had take out pizza.
So easy!
4 cups zucchini, sliced very thin
1 large onion, sliced thin
1 tsp each garlic powder, oregano, basil
1/2 tsp blk pepper and salt to taste.
Put all in a large skillet and stir fry until tender

1 can crescent rolls
Eggs 3 or 4
Yellow or spicy mustard

In a large bowl, put 3or 4 eggs, 8 oz mozzarella shredded, and 1/2 cup half and half and mix.
In a 9” pie pan put the crescent rolls to cover, then put a layer of yellow mustard. ( I use spicy)
Put cheese/egg mixture into skillet and mix quickly and into pie tin.
Bake at 350 for 25 min.

Once a month, during summer, the volunteer firehouse down the road has a fish fry to raise funds. I get 4, 8 ounce catfish fillets fried, 3 or 4 hush puppies, fries, baked beans (home made), coleslaw (homemade) and a desert (usually 3 or 4 homemade sheet cakes to choose from) for $12.

Not a bad deal and helps the community... two meals at $6. I do have to add, the lady who makes the coleslaw, needs to be taken to a home for seniors, worst coleslaw I've ever had. ;)

I had a large plate of my first zucchini fried in butter and garlic for brunch.

Beautiful and sweet and completely worth the blood, sweat and failures.

I had the same thing with green tomatoes! With some Mexican Cornbread on the side.

Late brunch after a full day in the gardens and I was starving.

A hash of sliced zucchini, garlic, green onions, tomato with a beaten egg poured over the top.

I snuck in a slice of middle cut bacon that had the fat cut off it and cooked in the air fryer until done.

A cup of strong English Breakfast tea.

So far no nausea and I'm the fullest I've felt in a while.

No dinner for me tonight. When the pain gets too bad I don't eat. I took some aspirin and a tramadol and plan to take the night off.
I am going to go back to finish the work we started today at the range on Saturday morning - tomorrow.

We were going to have a beef noodle casserole, then I remembered my oven is still broken. Too hot to cook outside today. Making tacos instead. Asked husband if he ordered a new one yet and he said he forgot. He never goes into the kitchen, and typically just comes to the dining room when food is ready. Guessing he's forgotten how it's cooked.

Latest posts

Back