What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got my slab of ribs Saturday. Every year when this church raises money I get a slab. They had the signs out by the old country store (funny, as a teenager I worked at the cotton gin behind it, many times I bought my supper at that store).

The original owners son had cut the grass, put out the signs advertising the cook. I went over Saturday afternoon... all the signs were gone and no one was there. One man does all the smoking of pork butts and ribs... I hope it wasn't serious... but something must have happened to him or his family.

Anyway ordered the big ribeye from the restaurant down the road, had 1/2 a steak and a big salad. Tonight I had 1/2 a steak and baked potato. :)

Tonight was veggie night. I had fried okra, banana peppers and a nice little salad with diced ham and boiled egg. My cousin has a late patch of corn coming in so I got a couple of ears. I went to town today so I stopped at the market and bought a decent seedless watermelon. I had some for desert, it wasn't great but okay.

Late corn_v1.png

in the crock pot, chicken, sweet potatoes and carrots, garlic cloves. Served over millet.
Do you care about whether your food is genetically modified, anyone?
I would love to eat some corn on the cob but I think it is one of the top foods that is GMO.

someone gave us a few small garden eggplants and small peppers. In a large shallow dish I put olive oil, put sliced eggplants; gutted peppers, sliced in rings; sliced portobello mushrooms into four pieces each; two zucchinis, sliced up, not thinly; put spaghetti sauce over half of it, mozzarella cheese over the other half(some strong dislikes and likes here). While it baked, got angel hair pasta going though I don't eat much of it, and sauce with ground beef, which i also don't eat much of. It was really good, except those **** peppers. Some were hot, some were not. The zucchinis absorbed the heat if it was in contact.
The eggplants, being small, were really okay. I haven't always been very fond of them, but it was free.

Meatloaf, potatoes,sweet peas and hubby's warm crusty bread ( he's a bread addict....seriously)

Latest posts

Back