What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had rib eye steaks with grilled veggies. Cauliflower steaks are fantastic. A bit of olive oil, Lawry's, salt and pepper, on a grill mat. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, turn and cook for another 5 minutes, until the edges become just slight golden brown. Best veggie steak made. I bought mine pre-sliced from the market but last week, I bought a head of cauliflower but didn't cut it correctly, and it fell all apart. It compliments other grilled veggies such as squash, zucchini and onions.

My favorite....beans and cornbread, sliced tomatoes....I try to use what is on hand...had left over smoked sausage, brisket from reunion, had left over hamburger cooked with lots of tomatoes and mushrooms, a little bit of left over chili from eggs and chile breakfast, some salsa....so it all goes into a pot with rinsed beans....diced onions and jalapenos as well...into the oven on low all night at 195 degrees...cooked and ready in the morning and soooooo good....

pepper-steak-main.jpg

No one feels like cooking today, so it's gonna be Dominos time! Double cheese, double ground beef, double bell pepper, double onion, double mushroom...make a meal out of it, and throw in some ice cream for dessert.

Chopped up a head of cabbage, lots of sliced onions, lined the cookie sheet with diced bacon, put in the veggies...top with sliced jalapeno peppers and smoked sausage...drizzle with a little butter....let it bake...MMmmmmmmmm. Eat it with some hot sauce on it......

Latest posts

Back