What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm...
17035518049285746520971875988711.jpg

This morning... Two cups of coffee while baking fresh biscuits...

For lunch... Boneless ham slices baked with pineapple chunks, green bean casserole, cheesy scalloped potatoes, green and black olives, fresh biscuits, hot tea..

This evening... Biscuit, ham, swiss cheese, sandwich with a bit of horseradish sauce and tea..

Pearl

Creamy Tacos
1 can chili beans or chili
1 can ranch beans with jalapenos
1 can Rotel tomatoes
Velveeta cheese
1/2 cup Heavy cream

Mix together and heat. Serve over Fritos.

Our friend said 1 bowl will put you to sleep. It did, he almost slept through his birthday cake.

The cake was simple too. Apple pie filling under white cake. It's meant to be served warm with ice cream or whipped cream. He's not a big fan of really sweet things, so this fit the bill.

Pearl

Creamy Tacos
1 can chili beans or chili
1 can ranch beans with jalapenos
1 can Rotel tomatoes
Velveeta cheese
1/2 cup Heavy cream

Mix together and heat. Serve over Fritos.

Our friend said 1 bowl will put you to sleep. It did, he almost slept through his birthday cake.

The cake was simple too. Apple pie filling under white cake. It's meant to be served warm with ice cream or whipped cream. He's not a big fan of really sweet things, so this fit the bill.
Thanks Shawn, sounds like something I need to make!! ♥️

And this is what it looked like after a 30 minute rest. Look at my new Dalstrong
Valhalla Series knife I got for Christmas!View attachment 121848
I love that blade design! I'll bet it works like a champ! Tool steel or stainless?

I made a huge batch of bone broth today and used some to make a soup with kale, cabbage leaves, and bok choy from the garden (my winter garden is still hanging on). Really needed a holiday food detox before new years! This batch was made from all the pork chop bones and a few beef round steak bones we saved in the freezer from meals the last couple of months. They get mixed with water, a little salt, black peppercorns, red pepper flakes, thyme, and some celery seeds. All day in the intstapot until the bones go soft. We strain it and can up whatever we don’t use immediately.

Latest posts

Back