What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s bean and cornbread night. Once a week for beans and one other night lentils or peas as the main course is our goal every week. No two pots are the same. Today was 2 cups of mixed appalosa, navy, and maricopa beans in broth made from the rib bones saved after eating a rack of them last week. Little onion, dry peppers, dry tomatoes, some spices and cooked till tender. Finished with a dose of homemade ketchup to give a bit of lift. Note the cornbread doesn’t ever make it off the table!
IMG_3088.jpeg

Found a ham in the freezer that needed to be eaten so I cooked that up day before yesterday and we had ham, spuds, gravy etc yesterday then today we had ham sandwiches. Hubby made homemade mayo and said it was the best sandwich he’s had in ages (ham is his favorite and we don’t keep mayo or other soy products). So he’s a happy camper and even said how good it was again when he got home 🏡

Now, I wouldn't ever eat sushi. We do eat mostly beef, chicken, turkey,and pork. I raise and butcher the chicken and turkey, neighbors do the beef and pork.
Last night we had chicken burritos, guac and chips.
I eat beef chicken turkey and pork also, but the burritos would be what I don't like ( don't care for Mexican food much) . I do eat it but just don't like. Beef is expensive and we have no cows, so mostly I make lamb and goat for the "red meat" type dishes. Chickens we have too, so lot of chicken, but I probably would cook them in a different way.
Do you eat any fish? My sushi has smoked salmon in it, I don't eat shellfish either

oh and LOL the chips are cancelled on my diet !!

I don't like fish at all. Husband and little granddaughter love it, so I cook it for them sometimes, but I'll eat something else. Takeout mexican food can be really terrible. I make our own, and it's a fresher, healthier version. So I love a good burrito, enchilada, and taco, but the ingredients in all need to be fresh and cooked in a good way.

Latest posts

Back