What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still in the $3.16 - $3.19 range here. There is an old Kid's Riddle "What always goes up and never goes down?" The answer: Your age. I think we could add gas prices to the list.

I haven't even bought gas for the last month. When the gauge gets to 1/2 I will fill it again.

Still hovering at 3.40 here, I have a feeling it's going up. They lowered the price for a few days then it went right back up.

Still moving, up to ~$3.40 now. Seems to me like the oil companies are taking a risk here. Suppose folks cut back on nonessential driving - and get in the habit?

Mmm - is that at all likely?

How far can gas prices climb before "all-electric" family vehicles become money savers?

Mmm.

Still moving, up to ~$3.40 now. Seems to me like the oil companies are taking a risk here. Suppose folks cut back on nonessential driving - and get in the habit?

Mmm - is that at all likely?

How far can gas prices climb before "all-electric" family vehicles become money savers?

Mmm.
My financial advisor drives a Tesla and claims it does save him money.

THEN is now.

Ben

What ticks me off is how low gas prices were during the pandemic start of the lockdown. Like they were giving it away. It's almost like, hey you wanna drive? Well, you're going to pay for it.

It started Jan 20th, just before Covid was announced as a thing. Day Biden took office and started shutting down drilling, pipeline, etc. It's went downhill from there.

You are aboslutly right. My bad

DISREGARD my previous thread

But gas did take off when Biden took office. Just had my timing off
I'm pretty sure the gas people don't like Biden, think inflation makes him look bad while making them more money. Well, makes him look even 'badder' than he is.

Stopping the pipeline from Canada day one and costing many thousands of job was a great start. Stopping exploring and drilling in the weeks that follow. WellPrices have kept going up from there
Developing practical alternative energy sources is a good idea. But folks, we ain't got them yet.

On the other hand, that tar sands oil in Canada is pretty crappy stuff, I hear.

I'ts probably because your state adds extra tax to your gas that they want you to pay for.
Yea, I thought when I moved from Cleveland, OH to Utah we'd be moving from a solidly "blue" area to a solidly "red" one. That's true with the people (for the most part), but the government is not what I would have expected, especially when it comes to how freely they spend MY money!

Steady at $4.19 a gallon for the cheap stuff here in the sticks and in the beach metro area my folks live in.

K heard that in central Kommiefornia it is over $7 a gallon for the cheap stuff in the middle of nowhere 13 miles from the next gas station...! Seems like price gouging to me.

What ticks me off is how low gas prices were during the pandemic start of the lockdown. Like they were giving it away. It's almost like, hey you wanna drive? Well, you're going to pay for it.
Since I live in "the oil patch" I can tell you that they don't cry when the blues are in office.
They make 💩-tons more money.:)
As low as the price of oil was for years, then covid parked all the airliners and busses, nobody going on vacation, and everybody was working from home, it was nearly a death-sentence for the industry. Exploration ceased and many companies here closed.
They are still trying to recover from that, and then you add in what dingbat is doing, you get... the perfect storm.:mad:
On topic: If the national average stays below $5.00 until we get out of the woods, I will be surprised.:(

Latest posts

Back