What are you paying for gas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I searched GasBuddy for the cheapest price as reported to them. I wouldn't drive there for that price, but it'll be interesting to see how this changes in the next few days, if it does.
Gasbuddy price, December 12, 2022.JPG

Just paid $4.29 per gallon. This week, our governor had a pow wow with 4 of the oil companies in California inquiring why their last 2 years resulted with 400% increase in profits, and told them bluntly that if not corrected, he will demand a special extra tax for bilking the residents. Ironically, gas priced went down this week about $.30 and I saw gas at Sam's Club for $3.88 a gallon yesterday afternoon. Across the street was a gas station selling gas for $5.09. You have to do your homework to save $ in this state.

Just paid $4.29 per gallon. This week, our governor had a pow wow with 4 of the oil companies in California inquiring why their last 2 years resulted with 400% increase in profits, and told them bluntly that if not corrected, he will demand a special extra tax for bilking the residents. Ironically, gas priced went down this week about $.30 and I saw gas at Sam's Club for $3.88 a gallon yesterday afternoon. Across the street was a gas station selling gas for $5.09. You have to do your homework to save $ in this state.
I've used Gas Buddy to help me find cheaper gas in the past. In a place like California, it might be worth the research and a short drive to buy cheaper gas.

I've used Gas Buddy to help me find cheaper gas in the past. In a place like California, it might be worth the research and a short drive to buy cheaper gas.
There are 3 gas stations in my county. 2 are within a penny or 2 of each other and the third one is much higher. About 80 miles south of me gas is $3.99 a gallon.

The picture of crown Prince and President of China shaking hands will be burned into my brain for time to come. The immediate story is the shunning after the less remarkable "fist bump" meet. But the longer story is one for concern.

Imagining my emotions as my former #1 hay customer has severely rubbed me the wrong way. They view me and my product with disgust and the phony fist bump gesture further delivers the not so hidden discontent they hold for me and the great efforts I afford to deliver my prized product of commodity. Now imagine my relief and hope that the new #1 customer offers me?

Not only is their greeting heartfelt and sincere? But they genuinely have appreciation for the toil of producing my product from my limited natural resources. And they share the same distaste for the arrogance and ignorance of my former best customer. But I must digress from that personal perspective?

A cartel plays a game with a mass whose memory is very short and self interested. It's quite a simple game, given sufficient time can be rinsed and repeated as the greater populace soon forgets the past and is caught by surprise even at the beginning of the 13th occurrence. You simply raise your price gradually and incrementally until a real competition arrives.

The best alternative has an incentive price formally unrealized and not incentivized. Interest in the alternative begins to gain with the economic approach to profitability. Wait for the leveraged investors to stick their neck out hoping to capitalize from the novel invention, but don't wait so long that any real progress should be realized. At that precise moment, begin to reduce the price of your commodity. The economics of the new alternative are suddenly realized to be too costly in comparison. Investment and interest in the project wanes just as fast as you allow the price to fall.

After a brief time when it's all forgotten and there is no risk from alternative, start the process all over again!

We can't let this thread die! gaah
I finally worked down the old gas in the 'hurricane' jugs, so I refilled them and the truck, (it had been over 1.5 years since I had put gas in either of them).
I used a CC and paid the 'credit' price of $3.29/gal to put good Exxon gas in them. $102 total:oops:.
The 'cash' price was $3.19 (where is that thread about cash being worthless?).
I could have gotten much 'cheaper' gas, but I am after 1-year+ life out of it.:)

Last edited:
#3.60 around here, and sliding up. Always (nearly) has jumped around Memorial Day, for one bologna reason or another. By the Get The Tourist theory, it will drop a little after Labor Day - except in the ski towns. I've been watching for a new version Stanley Steamer, that smells of wood smoke.

Latest posts

Back