What did you have for dinner last night?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double Beef Bacon Cheese Burger...with French Fries and a Sweet Tea.

ndXfNSL.jpg

Fried Chicken and Cole Slaw

Manicotti Alla Romana

Uncle Louie says you come-a to my house you gonna eat

Manicotti Alla Romana.JPG

Sirloin Steak, from an Angus raised here, medium. Out of my garden, sweet potato fries baked in the oven. Salad with cucumbers (from the store, wrong season, and ranch dressing. Ice Tea.

Them thar ribs look mighty good shooter. got me to thinking about tonight or tomorrow night. I got some frozen ..... :drinking:

Made chicken pepper steak, with green & red bell peppers, fresh chopped garlic, fresh grated ginger, ground cayenne red pepper, sweet onions, mushrooms & gravy over rice. Washed it all down with a few iced cold Coronas. I was too full to eat desert!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well darn, all out of baby back ribs. So tonight it will be southern fried tenderized pork cutlets. Pork gravy over brown and wild rice. a nice salad with mixed greens and cabbage. Ice tea.

Dinner tonight. My neighbor brought me over some gumbo of some sort. Shredded pork, beans, sausage,shrimp,white rice. This stuff is awesome. Thanks nice neighbor!
15164838409838265514561083253209.jpg

We just had Pizza Hut, had a salad, cheese sticks and garlic parm wings !............
Learned something new today. The difference between shrimp and prawns.
Shrimp are the tiny version of prawns that Americans eat.
Australians eat prawns.
IMG_20180121_131430_hdr.jpg

This is not a shrimp, it is a prawn:
IMG_20180121_132458_burst_01.jpg

I like prawns!!!

Surf And Turf

o.jpg

Learned something new today. The difference between shrimp and prawns.
Shrimp are the tiny version of prawns that Americans eat.
Australians eat prawns.
View attachment 4627
This is not a shrimp, it is a prawn:
View attachment 4628
I like prawns!!!

The terms shrimp and prawn are common names, not scientific names. They are vernacular or colloquial terms which lack the formal definition of scientific terms. They are not taxa, but are terms of convenience with little circumscriptional significance. There is no reason to avoid using the terms shrimp or prawn when convenient, but it is important not to confuse them with the names or relationships of actual taxa. They come in many sizes, so weather you call them prawn or shrimp they are small aquatic crustaceans. there are fresh water shrimp with claws bigger than those in that bowl, and they are NOT lobsters, I've seen crawdads here in Missouri that would call those shrimp !............

I made stuffed green bell peppers for dinner last night. I used ground beef, chopped green pepper, brown rice, Italian bread crumbs, spices, egg, and Worchester Sauce for the stuffing. I served them with Cabernet Sauvignon. YUMMY!

Strip Steak (KC or NY, same thing) medium on the grill. baked Sweet Potato, Onion, mushrooms done in butter and garlic. Ice Tea.

A king size Payday candy bar. It's all I had at all yesterday.

Baked Cod in a lemon pepper, ginger, old bay & butter sauce, with mixed veggies and a baked potato with butter and sour cream.

BBQ chicken,stuffing and Mac and cheese

Latest posts

Back