What I'm Quilting Now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just started another quilt myself. Asked Hunny last night what color he thought my border should be? He tells me Navy Blue. o_O 🤣 The quilt is a "Bee Theme" with colors being black, yellows/gold and greens. Never ask my Hunny about colors.
Most men, but not all will almost always say Navy Blue.
To them that is a safe color.
Make a miniature block and do one border in Navy Blue so that he feels like he contributed to the quilt.
This is what I do on occasion then I take all those miniature blocks and make into doll or baby quilts for grand children.
Yes, it is a pain in the but, but this way he has contributed too.

Finally finished the quilting on my forever quilt and it’s trimmed and the binding will hopefully be put on tomorrow. Now onto my next UFO. 😂. And you thought I was gonna run out-haha. Piecing this by hand- those are 1” diamonds and 4” hexies. Then will quilt it by hand also but have another quilt on the frame so will get rolling on that. It should go a little quicker- all straight lines.
IMG_6974.jpeg

My wife is almost done making her maple leaf blocks. She's having a heck of time arranging them, on the living room floor, so the colors are evenly distributed throughout the quilt. I can't remember, but I think she told me that each 8" block was made of 17 pieces.
View attachment 127894
I'd say 17 was correct. That takes a lot of peicing and she did a really good job so be proud. That is a nice layout she chose.

My wife is almost done making her maple leaf blocks. She's having a heck of time arranging them, on the living room floor, so the colors are evenly distributed throughout the quilt. I can't remember, but I think she told me that each 8" block was made of 17 pieces.
View attachment 127894
Beautiful work!

View attachment 127894
Do you have an update yet? I can tell where your wife wan;ts to go;

Latest posts

Back