What to do with those people who you think will show up after SHTF

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the large majority of diseases are destroyed in the cooking process so as long as you are not dealing with spongiform encephalopathy you are probably OK. Even then you can eat the muscle tissue without worry. ;)
if someone has resorted to cannibalism then they have run out of options.

yeah ppl would be discuraged.matter of fact.at least some will speed up to get on out of there more quickly. some might even turn around and take some other route.
that's the general idea!! might even work with a dead critter, not one that is still edible but one well rotten, the smell alone might make them go anyway but that.

if someone has resorted to cannibalism then they have run out of options.
There is that scene in "The Road" where people living in one house would take in everyone who wandered by and shackle them in the basement as future food.

I am with Amish Heart. I could not do it. But, I have never starved either.

I've never had to starve, many is the time I ran out of money but I've never run out of food, I was brought up to have a larder and I've kept one all my adult life, keep it topped up and you'll never run out of food.
I can also hunt small game and fish and grow my own fruit and veg.
I don't understand these people that panic in the supermarket at holiday time or at Christmas but I guess that's sheeple for you.

I've never had to starve, many is the time I ran out of money but I've never run out of food, I was brought up to have a larder and I've kept one all my adult life, keep it topped up and you'll never run out of food.
I can also hunt small game and fish and grow my own fruit and veg.
I don't understand these people that panic in the supermarket at holiday time or at Christmas but I guess that's sheeple for you.
There have been times in my life when money was very tight. I have had a well stocked pantry most of my life. When I first move to Colorado and began teaching for DPS, I had a very tight budget. I planned menus, went shopping when I got paid, once a month, and that was pretty much it. It got better, but there was little wiggle room for anything for at least the first year, and then just tight for a long time. Savings? Money would go in, and then would come out before the end of the month. I tried.

History is replete with cannibalism. Ship sinkings, the Donner Party, the Bolivian soccer team, and many more. There are even reports of cannibalism in N. Korea though getting accurate information from there is difficult. I don't like the idea but if I died I'd rather my family ate me than to die also.

Ivan the Terrible would burry sharpened stakes and then impale his living victims letting gravity do the work.

SIL said she is going to share with the neighbours when SHTF, yes they'll share with her until she has nothing left!!
The world has way more takers than givers. The highest salaried people I worked with for a decade were always wanting someone else to buy dinner for them, but they were slick in how they worked it. He sat at one end of the table and asked that the check start with him. She sat at the other end where there were always at least a dozen of us and when the check got to her to put in her part, she would have a fit that there was not enough money. We would each add another dollar and poof, her dinner was paid for and probably his as well. It took me a while to realize the game. Then we all had private talks about it and decided when we went out we would have separate checks.

if they can go out to eat they can probably afford it anyway.
Trust me, they had more money than the rest of us. They traveled more than the rest of us and did more luxurious things than the rest of us. She was on the administrative pay scale, much higher than teacher pay scale.

My daughter and I talked about how people have more money than the people they are around, but act like they don't have money because they want someone else to pay their way. Many narcissists have this behavior, and this couple were very narcissistic. Narcissism is a topic we could talk about as people to be avoided. They are very critical of others, cannot take criticism, and are very selfish people. They think they are superior to others. One thing they are is manipulative.

Latest posts

Back