What's everybody doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally had a quite day for some badly needed rest, 3 days of flooring is more than I normally do in 10. Something kept bugging me about the flooring in the hall and a couple of other spots, they looked like scuffs. I figured it out... My great nephew had his table saw set up on his flat bed truck in the yard for cutting all the flooring. We had showers the second day.

He was tracking in dirt and grass clippings, sitting on the floor putting the tiles together... his boots were wet...

I used the damp pads on the swiffer in the hall. No more of what looked like scuffs. It all came up... get the living rm and kitchen tomorrow. I also picked up lemon oil last night at lowes. All of my oak furniture is in a bad need of a drink. No books on the shelves or do-dads on the end tables, time to apply lemon oil. ;)

Got all the things we wanted to do today at the new property and also sprayed the manure and hay bays for weeds and DH had enough spray left to spray along one fence line as well. We were there 2 hours and met the other neighbours on the other side of us too who have 3 young children who look like they are run off their feet. We also took time to sit and have our chocolate chip and coconut biscuits and water between jobs. Just got to say it as we didn't have access to the inside house we also used the outhouse while we were there too :) , that brought back childhood memories . It has jasmine vines on a trellis growing around it which we are going to have to trim back too.

Apart from that we got home and I watered all the potted fruit trees, herbs and lilies we have growing in pots to take with us & DH brought up the onions we had drying on the dirt in one of the garden beds. We will put the onions on a tray to dry tomorrow.

My knowledge and experience got put to use yesterday. A woman across way from me fell.she didn't have my phone number.so she called someone. In which she came over n got me.i went over.to find her sitting on the floor.i quickly explained how im gonna get behind her and wrap my arms around her.to pick her up.less then a minute later i had her sitting on the sofa.the whole time i had 3 ppl just stand there watching.on account there was nothing for them to do.the part i enjoyed about it.is one of the ppl watching.is the maintenance person who thinks that he knows everything. I didn't look at him.but im sure that he didn't enjoy that it was me helping out instead of him.on account he's that type of person.

Well I have hubby for 2 weeks now..........
Just got back from a run to walmart. Hubby got his beer and I picked up some bread and milk.
I have no plans to go anywhere this coming week but the recycling center and thats all
Snow is melting away fast. Its been above freezing ever since the storm moved on.

Got all the things we wanted to do today at the new property and also sprayed the manure and hay bays for weeds and DH had enough spray left to spray along one fence line as well. We were there 2 hours and met the other neighbours on the other side of us too who have 3 young children who look like they are run off their feet. We also took time to sit and have our chocolate chip and coconut biscuits and water between jobs. Just got to say it as we didn't have access to the inside house we also used the outhouse while we were there too :) , that brought back childhood memories . It has jasmine vines on a trellis growing around it which we are going to have to trim back too.

Apart from that we got home and I watered all the potted fruit trees, herbs and lilies we have growing in pots to take with us & DH brought up the onions we had drying on the dirt in one of the garden beds. We will put the onions on a tray to dry tomorrow.

sounds wonderful! any way you would share how to make it?? or is it store bought?

got up early ..BEAUTIFUL day today..cold but sunny and cheery outside.
Took dog for a short mile run..
Hopped on treadmill to finish my cardio..dog is too old to run far anymore
Cleaned out horse n goat turds in their covered area...
catching up on news over coffee..
Next,
Shower...clean..make fire..cut up pumpkins for pie..figure out what book I want to start..more fun chores...
meteor shower next few days folks...I saw one yesterday about 0400 while driving to work..it had a green tail..Pretty!!

Feeding the animals, throwing a turkey in the oven for lunchmeat. Husband wants to go out to breakfast, so I better get out of my bathrobe. Need to stop at the store for an angel food cake. Daughter's birthday today and that's one cake I don't make. Need to stop at the school and go through tuition payments. Will be making dinner for 17 early and just wrapping it for later. Daughter's birthday request: enchiladas (vegetarian for her and her sister, others need meat), and a taco bar. We have granddaughters band concert to be at for a couple hours before dinner. This complicates things.
Thankful the turkeys are butchered. Thankful we can eat those instead of those Jenny O ones.

I'm a night owl, obviously.
Re-stringing my pieces of jasper stone from a strand that busted. They're polished and small, but pokey. Need to repair a couple other items.
@Peanut it's good those scuff marks were still removable.
I thought you'd be gone for days.
Posted Gingerbread recipe before I left of walking marathon.
Just getting home from walking marathon,overall think our team did pretty well.
Considering 5 of us had total knee replacements done this year so far.
Had good turnout for marathon. 40 teams from my area and 25 more throughout Missouri.
Most all Veterans,LEO's caregivers. Going to Tenn. for my belongings after Thanksgiving.
Still won't see idiot male deer season.

Posted Gingerbread recipe before I left of walking marathon.
Just getting home from walking marathon,overall think our team did pretty well.
Considering 5 of us had total knee replacements done this year so far.
Had good turnout for marathon. 40 teams from my area and 25 more throughout Missouri.
Most all Veterans,LEO's caregivers. Going to Tenn. for my belongings after Thanksgiving.
Still won't see idiot male deer season.
Thank you. Maybe I'll get to that later this week.

Unpacking my gear from walking marathon so wet stuff can get washed tomorrow.
Repacking everything else that doesn't need to washed.
Sorting laundry, for regular laundry day Tuesday.
Going to be cooking something simple for supper:Kraut and dogs, fried potato, green beans.
Want comfort food after the last few days I've had. MRE's yum,not.
Would like a nap, but to late in day for that, won't sleep tonight if I do that.
Don't sleep much anyways about 4 hours at a time is considered full nights sleep.
Going to take long nice hot shower later tonight.

another georgous day! cold but sunny and no wind this am on my run with the dog!
skipped the treadmill to attack the goat nursery stall before church..still needs cleaning but next weekend Ill finish..
finished processing pumpkins, ready to make pie..
laundry n cleaning
got a nice fire going inside,
Picked up dog turds while listening to Eric Whitacre symphony and choir Cd Light and Gold..soothing poo duty today and kinda cool effect as sound bounced around here off the hills..
disclosure: I didn't last too long last night for the meteor shower..I was involved in a nice conversation all warm by my stovie..outside was cold!
maybe tonight Ill have the resolve to last 10 minutes..lol..Im a cold weather wimpy girl at heart :{

Finally got the pigs off to the butchers. The female got loose while we were loading them into the trailer. It took 45 minutes to get her back into the pen. What a pain. After messing with the pigs for an hr we got to the butcher and realized we forgot to load the goat. He gets to wait until after new years now.

@Terri9630 That's one lucky goat! For a little while, anyway.

Had dinner on the grounds after Church. I served and stayed to clean up. Came home and hard boiled eggs, made a pot of decaf for DH and set up a small pot for me tomorrow (regular, not decaf). Took some eBay photos for DH, watered the surviving outside plants, and set up my vitamins for the next month. Watched some TV with DH and that's it for today.

@Terri9630 That's one lucky goat! For a little while, anyway

We have a 4yr old weather that managed to avoid the butcher in a similar fashion. He is now our Boer bucks companion. This other lucky guy has been in with...... our La Mancha buck for the last month. We really don't need another "companion" animal.:rolleyes:

Round 1 of today is we weeded 3 garden beds in the back yard ready for them to be bulldozed tomorrow & DH dismantled the 3 dripper systems on there and rolled them up. We ended up filling the wheelie bin again which is becoming a bit of a habit.

Then we went to a friends home to pick up a trailer we are borrowing for the next few days so we can take most of the shed items down to the farm. We went and picked up our scooter that a friend said he wanted to buy and his wife agreed to pay $500 for. The husband called a day later and said come over I found something more wrong with it and I will give you $200 - $250 tops. Yesterday we called and said we would pick it up as it was worth way more than that and he was only wanting to get it for a ridiculously low price and we believe he had a buyer already lined up for it after he did a minimal amount of work on it. Oh well as he was not happy with his wife's deal we arranged to pick it back up and forget about it.

Shortly DH will clean the benches and wash the dishes and I will dry them and put them away. This afternoon we have a solicitors appointment to sign some forms to get a discount on our stamp duty on our home due to us being pensioners. I knew sooner or later we would get a discount on something as we didn't qualify for any other discounts due to our situation :rolleyes: .

Wife bought me a telescope. Supposed to be nice and clear tonight. I'm hoping to get it put together and try it out tonight. The meteor shower is the Leonids and I'm sure will show up much better after the moon sets.

I have a celestron 114eq. I used it a lot about 10 years ago. Winter is the best time to see the stars, low humidity. I'd set it up in late afternoon so the telescope could adjust to the temperature for a few hours. I'd go up about 10pm to observe. It helps if you have a target in mind and develop a good plan. There is lots of good software out there to help you find your target.

Once I actually got to see Saturn and its rings, fuzzy but could still make out the rings. Jupiter is easy to see. Its about 400 million miles away... saturn is about 800 million miles away.

Round 2 of today is that we are making another double batch of coconut Queen Biscuits to last us the week and we are about half way through cooking them. The sugary treats are doing us the world of good while packing as we are wearing off so much energy.

Tonight's dinner will be left over beef roast from yesterday with salad.

Latest posts

Back